Ready to Challenge

BriantheWise

Turn #1:

Rambo hits Poland, surrounding a key corp in NE Poland. It attacks a German corp, scratching it.

It the SE, another corp, with nothing to do but change light bulbs, moves up and attacks a German HQ, scratching it. Poland will probably fall next turn.

Denmark wonders what happened and does nothing.

France organizes.

Britain and France fail to find the Uboats.

The front turns. Rambo takes Holland in 1 turn, just barely making it, And, rolls in too France.

I am surprise by Scapa Flow, as the Germans make a foray up there with their fleet. I sink one ship, damage the others, but am displaced to finish the job. I anticipate they will run.

In the meantime, the French issue, suddenly, is not good at all. I would really really really like to say that Rambo is cheating, but he is actually just playing clever. Darn Him. Just darn that boy.

(But I have tricks in my bag)

Rambo crushes my French defense in a series of bold moves, bloodying himself (many hits on his forces and he loses an armor), but France surrenders. I get zero free french. In the following turn he kills my malta airforce, with I left vulnerable when my wife started yammering at me.

Now it is quiet.

Rambo, I thought you wanted Time, to savor the moments of victory. So I was coming up with my top nines (the next list, I hope will be my top nine favorite ways of beating Rambo - smile)

I did not know you had sent. Checking, you haven't. I sent back. Your toddle Italian dingies went fishing around Malta and I sent a turn back.

We can start another anytime, winzip or no. Your call.

(I think he really can win all the time as German, but I want another try)

I want to see how Rambo does with a situation that's actually a CHALLENGE, taking Russia. That's the real test. (Hell, everybody takes France eventually.)

How the heck did you lost that airfleet in Malta? Was it understrength? Were there just that many airfleets/ships available to pound it, or what?

I/O error asked How did I lose that air unit from Malta?

Answer: Sheer stupidity (very unwisdom): I operated it out of Malta with the intent of using it to assist in my defense of England, intending to use it as a sacrifice to help my fleets assault the expected German amphibious landing. But I accidentally left it in the center of England, and Rambo casually pounded it with four or five air units. By my count, he has at least five of them by now (that I've seen in action).

Now he is pounding my Canadian army in Malta with them and the Italian navy.

Thus far, I have noticed that I have made at least two mistakes, both expensive. One was the air unit, the other was not committing a British corp to help with France.

Rambo has made two mistakes also - in my opinion, though they may have been feints, and neither were expensive. One was letting me scratch his navy and the other was letting me sink a German amphibious corps, both up by Scapa Flow.

If I continue to play at the outstanding level I am now (sarcasm), Rambo will be able to take Russia with his Hungarians while the Germans celebrate Oktoberfest.