Arngrim vs Derek AAR Pbem

Arngrim

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

June 21st 1942

USSR continues mauling Finland and reinforcing East Front against the Hitlerite hordes!

RAF continues bombing stuff.

It will get more exciting soon – honest!

Reiver_II

Just remember who your financial backer is!

Allied airstrikes have depleted the production of most of the western hemisphere! I have allowed them to continue as they usually take a lot of hits on the air, and that is costlier than the production, but now I believe it is time to start defending the airspace in the west. Well, next turn at least.

Air and fleet bombards Bergen. Usual losses on the poor corps there, more meat sent into the grinder. Finland is reinforced again, Russia is not really making any headway there, as they lack airsupport, probably afraid of axis air.

Germany is making good ground in Russia, and Russian losses should be eating their MPP's, whereas Germany continues to build up its strength.

My gut feeling is that I'm winning, unless Siberians and overlord time everything really well, and overlord is very strong.

[ June 08, 2004, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Arngrim ]

July 12 -42

Allies do their thing, but they have developed heavy bombers! I've never seen that one before! :eek:

Axis continue to pound the russians, ground is gained, holes are appearing in the Russian lines, and we have a few possible breakthroughs. Unfortionately I forgot to check the status on Riga, just assumed it was at lvl5 was at 4, so now it is out of ZOC. I guarantee that one of the bloody partisans will appear there next turn. Leningrad is under siage, and soon totally surrounded, which means that the units in Finland must take Helsinki, or withdraw else they become cut off and destroyed.

Axis declare war on Turkey, strong air from the east kill a corps, the western attack unsucessgul due to lavk of air, now remedied. Konstantinople port bombarded to 0, but no corps sent through, yet...

Where _is_ that overlord?

26 July -42

The usual allied bombardment, now a bit intercepted, will work on that.

Ezurum captured in Turkey. 2 more Turkish corps destroyed, Ankhara emptied.

Rommel personally captures Baghdad

Kharkow falls. Smolensks situation is grim, and a breakthrough between Smolensk and Leningrad is widened.

A forceful thrust in the North combined with a southern threat. Russias situation is rather bleak.

Siberian army transfers

1942 (must take note of date properly)

My apologies for my tardiness in not posting my last few AAR’s.

Things have been tough – I had to go for an eye test – need fecking glassses, I have an ear infection – lovely and I broke a tooth on Sunday, so I am really pissed off! Thank heavens for SC!

Question - Arngrim stop buying aeroplanes! They are creating green house gasses which will ruin our planet and they are kicking the crap out of the Russians and the Turks. Where is your morality?

Now for the AAR

The Russians have been well and truly lacerated it looks like E Front in a state of meltdown and Axis air has wiped out Ankarra’s defenders.

A Soviet corp is operationaly moved to the now vacant Ankarra – maybe next turn huh?

The Russians have reinforced in some sectors and in others withdrawn to the essentially a line from Leningrad thru Moscow- Stalingrad to Rostov.

Second front NOW! screams comrade Stalin to Roosevelt and Churchill.

I reckon if I just had ten grands worth of MMP’s I could win this. LOL

9 August -42

The RAF stay silent, strengthening for the invasion?

Almost entire Russian army retreats, and leave Smolensk empty???

Ankara falls. Rommel and Balbo looks to the North. No surrender yet though.

Smolensk falls. general push east, heavy Russian losses.

Rundstedt is assigned to take Sevastopol and Stavropol.

LW moves east to get back in range.

-reiver. Well, that bid is a tad too high for me.

And OK, no more air, I'll have to resort to rockets then, gotta spend the MPP's somewhere.... Carriers? :cool:

Arngrim,

spend your MMP's on whatever you want, we are both playing by same rules- you are just playing better than me. I was just being ironic when I realised how much air you had.

Whatever happens, I am enjoying our match.

23 Aug. -42

Russian withdrawal continues, but i guess this is the last stand. RAF still silent.

Germans advance in Russia, and reach aoutskirts of Moscow, Russian losses are mounting. Mines south Kharkow captured.Distance, supply and partisan rearguard are the factors that are slowing the advance at this point.

Italians take Tiflis.

Axis air harass Turks and Russians.

And environmental Swedish Rocket battery starts pounding leningrad :D

- No problem reiver, I figured you were joking, but the truth is, I'm not sure I _need_ more air, that would leave my ground too weak, and hey, I have rockets now!

And thanks, I'm also enjoying this game, You're a very nice and honourable opponent, and of course we have to have a rematch, whoever wins this one.

[ June 10, 2004, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Arngrim ]

And here it is August 30th 1942

Lots of carnage in the East fanatical Russian troops destroy a Nazi corp and an understrength Panzergruppe – way to go.

In the West the die is cast the bow is drawn, the liberation of Europe from Nazi tyranny will start next turn – Overlord is reality. The hopes and prayers of the people of the free world are with our brave servicemen in this hour of decision!

6 September -42

The Russians strike back! Minor losses recieved.

And American landing craft are spotted outside the French coast. Here we go!

Istan bul taken.

Leningrad falls. slow advance in the east, buildup of lines in the west.

Turkey surrenders.

Just wanted to let you both know that all of your work isn't in vain. This is a highly entertaining AAR, and I look forward to the eventual Allied victory.

I'm glad to see that both of you are slugging it out over several continents, but even more importantly, you've each "made a new friend". Aww.

Keep up the good work.

September 20th 1942

We interrupt this broadcast to bring you this bulletin>>>

In the early hours of September 20th a mighty Allied force sailed for France. Under the command of General Dwight D Eisenhower US lead forces began the liberation of Europe from Nazi oppression.

Details are sketchy at this time but an official communique stated that at least three army corps had achieved a bridgehead. Our prayers go with our brave fighting men, godspeed ( and kick some ass)

Meanwhile in the East frantic Soviet counter attacks cause German casualties but no units are wiped out.

MusicalMarine: Thanks for your kind words.

4 Ocober -42

Operation Overlord is launched, the Americans have landed in France! Fierce airbattles, but inconclusive. Brest holds, and Italian reinforcements are on their way towards the german defensive lines. The allies have brought a lot of armour, and are supported from airbases in southern england, and by their carriers. USA have jets 3. GB4 and germany 5.

Agressive russians try to seis´ze the moment, but the German lines hold..

Sevastopol taken, and Rundstedt nov looks east, toward Rostov. Germany continues to punch holes in the Russian lines. The offensive in southern Russia is slow, due to terrain, but several oilfields have been taken by the brave Italians.

In france, The Germans not the dominance of armor in the allied landing forces and decide to dig in, reinfiorce the air and wait for a few expendables, I mean Italians to spearhead counterattacks.

-Thanks MM, and good luck Reiver, This is it. If this Invasion fails, you're in a _very_ bad spot.

October 18th 1942

The Russians are getting a kicking!

In the West some good things have happened. German Cruiser force engaged by HMS Nelson TF and with a little help from Bomber Command sent them to the bottom NE of Jutland peninsula, although recon spotted U47 lurking nearby.

In another success against the Kriegsmarine, Allied air sank another German Cruiser force, that was presumably enroute to interdict our landings in Normandy.

Assault and Lodgement!

Allied ground forces establish their bridgehead and occupy Brest, who’s defenders broke under the massive Naval bombardment – now we have a viable port. But like you said, if my invasion fails well its.... :(

In the East things are pretty grim, the Red Army is being destroyed by the relentless Axis warmachine.

In a counterattack in the vast forests NW of Moscow the 1st Guards Tank Army and other formations wipe out a German Army, but I doubt if this has bought any respite against such an onslaught.

Allied pilots have encountered high performance Lufwaffe units and it is now believed that German jet aircraft technology has pushed back the limits of aircraft technology.

****. Forgot the date.

Ah well: a caresless positioning of the KM allows the allies to send both gniesenau and sharnhorst to the m´bottom, me bad! German surface fleet is no more. Also: superior allied air take out Brest. The bridgehead is established. darn.

Russian army counterattacks in the east and destroy a forward German army.

The situation feels grim.

Time to retaliate.

Understrength sub withdraws to einforce and retaliate.

Italian corps take southern mine in Russia.

Sevastopol taken, Rostov under siege.

Southern Russia is in serious peril.

French linesare rinforced and strengthened, ready for the allied attack.

All is quiet on the western front.

News bulletin:

Sweden beat bulgaria 5-0 in football! (soccer for you americans) :D:D:D:D:D

November 11th (Armistice Day) 1942

“Germans ‘undreds of ‘em”

Build up of bridgehead in Normandy continues.

In East 2 Nazi units are wiped out in desparate counter attacks.

Next turn all hell is going to break loose!

Thanks for the socc game!

Turn? a biy drink, a friend of mine will be a father in 5 hrs. :eek:

Agressive Russians kill armty and corps.

Allies defensive in France.

Slow advance in Russia, steday in southern Russia.

Rostev taken. Moscov tajen, Zhukov KIA