Arngrim vs Derek AAR Pbem

Arngrim

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite heavy air and naval bombardment, Algiers holds. Egypt is quiet. Hitler and Mussolini in Heated discussions about the grand strategy. Rumania Joins.

Celebrations in Rome. Italian Admiral decorated.

German scientists are working day and night, and report success after success. New fighters sent to the front.

[ May 05, 2004, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Arngrim ]

November 24th 1940

Algiers is now under constant attack from Italian XXIV Corp and 2 battleships – reinforced back up to 80%. Coast watchers sight Italian transports to West of Algiers believed to be elements of Italian 1st Army.

In Middle Eastern theatre 1st Canadian Army and 3rd Free French arrive after a lengthy trip around the Cape. The Italian IV Corp is battered down to 10% strength by a mixture of Free French, Vichy French and Canadians (I wonder if they were French too – Napoleon would be proud of the 2nd battle of the Nile)

Reuters: international diplomacy …despite UK efforts less than half of US population were in favour of war according to recent Moray Pole, no statistics are available for USSR, however it is believed that there is more widespread support for the British Empire’s war against the “Axis of Evil” than in USA.

Irony!

Reiver….over and out! :cool:

"Oh mama can this really be the end?

to be stuck inside a mobile, with the Memphis blues again." Dylan :rolleyes:

A RN Battleship is spotted at Gibraltar. The Italian navy angages, but it is not a wellfought battle, and casualties recieved were higher than the ones inflicted. Russians are warmongering now, up to 71%

March 2nd 1941

Italian IV Corps blunders around desert and gets wiped out by my Canadians.

I attack the Caio Duilio with a carrier strike in vicinity of Gibraltar and hurt it good!

That’s it for the Allies this turn but….

I GOT THREE TECH UP-GRADES

AND YOU’LL JUST HAVE TO GUESS THEM!

Reiver

“ But it’s alright now, in fact it’s a gas

it’s alright now,

I’m jumpin Jack flash it’s a gas gas gas!” Jagger/Richards

;)

March 30th 1941

Pro-Allied Coup in Yugoslavia – looks like Axis were poised to strike in Balkans.

Support for War grows in USSR with 71% in favour, in USA the pro war lobby are gaining ground with 57% in favour. President Roosevelt needs something to bring the public with him – losing a few destroyers in the Atlantic is not enough yet.

Malta still under sustained bombardment, reinforcements for the garrison are snuck in. In the Middle East British, Canadian and French forces await next Axis conquest attempt.

Reiver

June 29th 1941

Situation remains same in Mediterranean.

Meanwhile RAF Bomber Command comenced its first strategic bombing operations of the war against industrial targets in Belgium. Losses were light and it was reported that industrial output in target area was reduced to 50% cpacity.

Reiver

July 27th 1941

Free French Air wiped out by the JU 87's, BF109's and ME 110's of Afrika Corps supporting Luftwaffe units. Not so good.

Looking forward to receiving the help of the USSR soon, SOON I mean REALLY SOON!!!

Bomber Command continue area bombing parts of Northern Europe.

Reiver