How much do you use rockets? and how?

japinard

I have researched rockets to level 5 and was not impressed with them. I find that your money is better spent on heavy bombers and long range aircraft. If you want to level a city heavy bombers are the way. If you just want to destroy everything, get tech in fighters and invest in your air. It will reap great benefits.

John

Originally posted by japinard:

Curious how each of you employs rockets in the game...

Do you even use rockets?

I used it once very succesfully, playing Axis Intermediate +1.

I kept most of my army in Russia, but kept a few Air Fleets and Rockets in France. Used the Air Fleets to cover my subs and Rockets.

Kept pounding London every single turn.

Xed a few infantry units in London until the AI decided to live London empty. By then Russia was very weak. As soon as I eliminated Russia I prepared to invade England as follows:

With my rockets I forced the AI to keep infantry units off the south coast of England. With my Airfleets (Jet5 and a 4 bars von Manstein) I eliminated al HQ's and Airfleets within range.

Finally I invaded. The Brits could not spt my invasion force until it landed. It then moved its infantry south, but had no entrechment. My rockets pounded any army comming to attack my beach head.

It worked out well.

I later tried invading England without rockets, Expert +2 and had a very rough going.