What up wit dat!

waltero

france surrenders and first Allied turn I see four french fleets, But wait that is not all!

The free french decide to take over the world :eek:

Same turn, first turn after german turn that resulted in the surrender of france, the free french Do a Amphibious landing and take city!

Tis a new one on me!

Has anybody else seen this?

From the Acrobat User Manual:

•Free French Units - Upon a French surrender, all French units located within

territories controlled by the United Kingdom, or any Allied Minor country will

automatically become a Free French Unit under United Kingdom's control.

French naval units also have a 20% chance of becoming Free French regardless of

current map position.

The only things I can tell:

- 4 Free French Ships = Very lucky die roll...

- As for the Amphibious Assault, perhaps they were already en route to reinforce when France fell... So instead of turning back, they made an amphibious assault... That's only a guess, though... Only Hubert may truly answer this...

Originally posted by Minotaur:

all French units located within

territories controlled by the United Kingdom, or any Allied Minor country will

automatically become a Free French Unit under United Kingdom's control.

This is incorrrect as it is only territories that The allies start with. One's that are aquired dureing gameplay do not count.

Agreed that is an error in the manual, I believe the rules were changed during development in the game and not corrected for the manual. As for the number of Free French units Waltero saw looks like a lucky or perhaps unlucky dice roll depending on how you look at things. ;) (Transports are included in the 20% possibility for Free French conversion) Now if the AI performed the amphibious assault great! If it was a human player then it might have just been part of their exploitive strategy.

Hubert

I have never had a transport survive on surrender!

I did wipe out all french units in france.

So I guess it is not a good Idea to eliminate all french!!!

How come that never happens to me? The trans thing really sucked!

so what you are saying is There is a chance that a french unit will survive in friendly controled, Enemy city?

thanks for responding hubert

[ February 18, 2003, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: waltero ]

In one of my current e-mail games, as the Allies, I had most of the French BBs tucked away in British ports when France fell and none of them came over to the UK. I suppse they could successfully scuttle them anywhere. As the British I doubt I'd have allowed the crew to come ashore -- the harbor entrance is thataway, keep rowing laddies, it's only a few days or a week to the Norwegian coast!

[ February 18, 2003, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]