SC2 Feature Wish List

Edwin P.

Retaining the same map and same basic game system here is my concept of SC2

SC2- Simple to Play, Hard to Master

1. Revolutionary AI

SC2 includes a revolutionary adaptive AI that wages war with the best strategies of SC players. Tired of a predictable AI? SC2 has a library of over 200 strategies to select from to secure victory. SC2 also stores a record of the past strategies that its opponents used so it is better prepared with each battle it fights. With five levels of intelligence the AI gains access to more strategies at each higher level.

2. Realistic Fog of War

In war nothing is known with certainty. SC2 recreates this environment and models the effects of weather, radio communications, combat air patrols, decoy units and intelligence operations.

3. Weather

In SC2 watch the arrival of Russian winter as its moves north to south. In the Sahara see swirling sand storms hinder the capabilities of your units during the hot desert summer. In the Atlantic moving winter storms shield naval units from observation and may damage ocean going troop transports.

4. New Technologies and a New Investments Screen

SC2 adds 10+ new research and investment options for players to pursue: synthetic fuels, cold weather equipment, the A-bomb and much more.

The investments screen allows the player to allocate expenditures to obtain immediate improvements. Example: Spend 250MPP and equip 10 of your units with cold weather equipment. Spend 250 MPP more and equip another 10 units with cold weather equipment.

5. Interactive Events

SC2 models over 200 historical based events in a unique decision tree model that allows you to respond to diplomatic opportunities, political opponents, governmental crises and resource constraints.

[ September 21, 2003, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

Edwin

Five key points but it still needs the dozens of improvements we've all been talking about from the start, such as air power limits, aircraft carriers being less effective against land targets, the Battle of the Atlantic and so on and on and on.... I won't list them because it's been done so many times this past year; anyone who hasn't seen these things can find the items easily enough using the search feature.

Having said that, I do like your list. I'd like it even better if it covered all the things that need to be added or ammended.