What if Air could not destroy GROUND UNITS?

zappsweden

I hate spotting as it is now. I'm in the PBEM tournament, and two German bombers are able to spot every unit in the Med and know what they are. (is this feasable?)

Here's some options I'd like to see.

As mentioned above I'd like to see pct. chances for planes to see. The farther out, the less pct chance to see a unit. Thus 100% chance 3 hexes out, 80% 4 hexes, 60% 5 hexes out, 40% 6 hexes out, 20% 7 hexes out. Each tech increase would increase pct. chance up 10%, as well as the overall distance by 1(would start at 20%). Weather effects for Fall/Winter would also be nice(drop of 30%).

If programming for the game makes this impossible, then start all planes with 1 hex less in viewing range. Weather effects for fall/winter would also be nice, reducing range by 2 hexes.

Other ideas already mentioned are reducing the amount of info given for distances 4 hexes and farther, thus you don't know if its a tank, HQ, or Corps.

Originally posted by KDG:

Other ideas already mentioned are reducing the amount of info given for distances 4 hexes and farther, thus you don't know if its a tank, HQ, or Corps.

Good idea, i like it. I also would like the new INTEL research and use it to be able to find out if that troop is a tank a corps or a HQ.

i agree that air units shouldn't be able to completely destroy a ground unit. i like columbia games rule for their pacific victory block game where a ground unit's last point must be destroyed by a ground unit. it can't be destroyed by air or naval fire or supply below 1 strength point. although i think an armour unit should be more vulnerable to air attacks than infantry(remember the falaise gap). i am glad to hear others say that headquarters should have anti-aircraft defense because if they are so valuable, they should be well defended. and they're not very valuable too far behind the lines unless their range is increased which is another idea.