Allied Stratigies

Comrade Trapp

I know parts of this subject have already been covered, like what to do before the Fall of France and how to defend France. But I have never seen general Allied strategies discussed.

What do you guys do as the Allies; does anyone try to counter Axis moves in anyway? Launch counter-invasions? What is your general strategy (I know general strategies change depending on what the enemy does)?

Lately, I have been thinking about a high-risk, high-reward invasion of the colonies of Vichy France shortly after France falls. Algeria would be a perfect platform to launch offensive operations in the Med. Not to mention the all the airfleets you can station there. Also an Allied Algeria would force the Axis to split up their forces, therefore they couldn’t focus all their resources on Egypt. Tell me what you think.

Comrade Trapp

[ November 21, 2003, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

That's indeed a high risk operation since the Axis air can easily reach you from Sicily.

Would you use Free French units or UK units?

The WE for the US would also get a negative hit.

If this operation fails Allies are set back quite a few turns.

What could be a good idea is to have Algeria become Allied after the fall of France, could be for SC2 maybe.

(btw Comrade, what's up with HQ? Is it down?)

[ November 21, 2003, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: kurt88 ]

Rarely, I may take Sicily after Italy enters the war but before France Falls, this normally distracts the Axis and supported by a HQ unit an Army need only defend a one hex front. This normally leads to a great naval battle, the destruction of the Italian navy and ultimately leads to a UK retreat from Sicily as the Axis concentrates their air fleets against this threat - the danger is that the Axis may launch a Sea Lion before the UK fleet can return to the British Islands.

Hello,

im new here and my english is not very good.

I think another high risk strategie is to dow greece very erly in the game.Maybe its possible to conquer it with the allies in april `40.But you have to take the whole english fleet in the med,cause Italy will enter the war after this turn.

Im not sure that this is possible against an human player.What do you think?

P.S.I wish everyboby lots of fun with SC.

Hello,

im new here and my english is not very good.

I think another high risk strategie is to dow greece very erly in the game.Maybe its possible to conquer it with the allies in april `40.But you have to take the whole english fleet in the med,cause Italy will enter the war after this turn.

Im not sure that this is possible against an human player.What do you think?

P.S.I wish everyboby lots of fun with SC.

Actually I never tried this. Should be possible though I think.

Anyone?

Oh,... welcome to the forum frmeise smile.gif

Hey Comrade, I think this one is ok as well ;)

Perhaps this thread could evolve into a discussion on rather obtuse strategies that have or have not worked, and illicited some quirky ai responses. for example, declaring war on spain after U.S. entry into war and landing troops there, while axis expects French D-day.

What do you all think?

:cool:

Hi Frmeise, welcome!

Why do you want Greece? Once you take it, what are you going to do with it? The Axis will be able to push you out when they go after Yugo. The plunder does not compensate for reduced US/USSR war readiness (not to mention Italy joining sooner). The MPP boost is minimal and the supply situation is not good.

Against humans forget about this strategy. If Allies do this I would launch Sealion since I know the fleet (the only defense) is having a vacation in the Med!

Still, the idea is interesting, thanks for tossing it into the forum!

Hello Friendly Fire,

I dont think its realy a good strategie with greece,but i want to do something new.GB got the Plunder and Ger. doesnt.Its 500 mpps different.I think the UK can hold Greece till 1941 and got the mpps from Athen and the habor ,too.Its another 150 mpp.Italy lost her fleet.

Maybee you can go after Greece to take Tobruk.After this it would be realy hard for Axis to go to Ägypt.

Italy lost her fleet.

Against a human player this won't happen. More likely that the Italian Navy will destroy or at least damage the transports sitting of the Greece coast.

Germany can quickly Op in her air and damage the UK Fleet.

To take Greece Allies are gonna need 3 units plus some additional air support, carriers.

Too risky for my taste.