Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

what triggers the US?

MG TOW

I'm playing from the polish campaign as the Germans. I believe I have a good grasp of HQ bonus, and entrenchment factors and so forth. I set US to random history.

Well I defeat Norway to France OK, gain italy and the adriatic countries, become embroiled in a slugfest in russia. The most I can do is take Odessa and hold Konigsburg but that is it.

Then by 1942 the US storms the beaches. I usually beat them back but it is enough to break the mate on the East front.

I cant seem to sea lion england. Their Navy intercepts me, I cant afford AFs as all my money goes into tanks for the East front. Just like history I suppose.

Gundolf...welcome. Read the "FAQ, tips strategy" thread. USA readiness increases on Axis DoW of neutrals, or Sealion proximity to Manchester, perhaps other unknown commodities.....figure it out....that's the "Fun Factor". Oh yeah....and practice...practice...practice. Find a PBEM opponent to play that will narrate the usual positive moves as you play the game (best way to learn) and take notes.

SeaMonkey is absolutely right!

The 101s are the funnest part. I remeber first starting I couldn't bust through France for 5 Xs plus in the demo. I thought I was very very bad! I started playing MP right away and I got my butt kicked in that too.

Took me 10-15 Games to just get to Paris and move forward.

Russia requires a 'setup'. The strategy guide is good. You want to stay away from their border until that readiness is up around 89percent, then move everything up 3 hexes or so and BAM! Kinda like a slow hand movement... Less operating cost is always good, more tanks, planes, etc... so whenever possible start moving a unit from one location where it did it's job to the 'desired location'

USA Readiness is all dependant on Minors till a timeframe.. Don't stress Sea Lion or their involvement yet. Though you can practice on UK if you take out France early enough and get enough Minor Plunder. That or you know in your heart that the UK is weak enough to kill! Otherwise look at the Royal Navy, she's a monster... And even after you get across the pond, you still have to deal with a lot of corps

Russia is the Key Land to educating you in Land Warfare. Beat that puppy 10X-15Xs.. Use Armor to gain ground early, then defend and entrap later.

thanks. I'll follow yours advice.

I played as allies to get a look from the otherside. I won by End 42. Held Paris at all costs. Then got Russian tanks to zoom to France and relieve the siege. Never used the USA. Didn't need them. Now back to the Axis.