News! new ladder started at www.myleague.com/zappleague

zappsweden

zappsweden

There are two decisions that you made that I would like to be reconsidered (ie I'm appealing your initial rulings). I have presented my arguments on why they should be changed. I await your final decisions.

==================================================

Z-league PBEM Games

Issue: Can a PBEM game be counted as a Zappleague game?

Nope
There are alot of players who may be limited in thier ability to play TCP. This also allows the option of starting as TCP and finishing as PBEM (or vice versa).

From the response about House Rules, I gather you are concerned that PBEM games open up the opportunity of cheating. My response is the same as below.

Z-league House Rules

Issue: Limit on the number of air units.

(US 3, USSR 3, Germany 4, Italy 2, UK 2, Fr 2)

Nope, z-league will not allow any house rules. The idea is, if those house rules are good (and tested in fun games) they will be standard i.e set as rules of the z-league.
I think you are being a little too rigid about the House Rules. Forcing it to be part of the "standard" set of rules eliminates any player from taking a chance and trying the House Rule.

In effect, there is no possibility of optional rules and stifles creativity.

There is too much confusion, possibility of accusations and stuff if ppl use house rules. [Example] Say, one person accidently buys one air too much [House Rule limit on number of air units], does that means he loses instantly or does he have to sell it next turn? What if he already bought it and used it in a battle?
Valid point. You are concerned about the opportunity of abuse. You would handle it the same way you would if you thought the person was cheating.

I'll tell you what I would do, since everyones response would be different. After being told, or pointing it out, I would ask that they correct the mistake. As in disband the unit. Any losses I sufferred as a result, I would simply accept. Can't undo it. Second time I would do same thing. Third time, I'd finish the game, but would no longer play that person using the House Rule (probably not at all).

[ May 25, 2003, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: Shaka of Carthage ]