Troop Experience

waltero

Does anybody know if it is possible to ever have units gain four full metals (along with 13 or 14 power factors)? I have played many games, and I can never seem to get units to have full strength and four medal! I can remember playing one game agianst ??? And I managed to miraculously repel the Germans from penetrating into Russia any further. And next thing you know I came up agianst A line that streached accross the german border, full of trained men! All of witch were fully traind as well as full factors! Men were developed to 3rd level (I think) even my 5th level jets had no effect on them and I had 7 of them! hit one unit with every one of them and nothing!!! I think this is an impossible feat! of course when playing agianst ??? the game crashes at just the right moment and we have to go through the turn over (many times). I was just wondering how it is possible to have over ten units with full power and maxed out on experience?

And if it is possible how in the heck do you do this? I do not feel I should mention any names being that he is not here to defend himself. This was a great burn out for me! Is it possible to do this?

In a normal game with a moving front in the east, Germany will only get perhaps half a dozen high experienced units with 2-3 medals and a lot 1-2 medal units.

But in a long game with trench warfare or at least a passive corps defence in the east, Germany can get more and higher experienced units. Especially if he has str 13/14 units, cause then it is easier to gain/keep the experience.

So if your opponent was not rushing through Russia, his main forces can have full power and (nearly) max experience if the game is already in perhaps 1944/45 or later. The later in the game it is, the more and higher experienced units both sides can have.

Yeah Terif is right about that, I've had plenty of games, after tech pretty much petered out and the Reds and Greys fought on, my Germans started to get close to 4 Stars on a lot of their armies. Even with an MPP disadvantage it was hard for the Reds to break me because those HQs ended up very close to 4 stars as well. Most good Reds will not use Purely corps on the defensive in Russia.

However likewise, you need a counter to the Western Carrier Experience which with LR is much more deadly than AT in German Armies and Corps plus experience. I find as a rule of the thumb, aside from planting corp defense for D-Day do not give any target in Brest or Norway for Enemy Carriers. Plus plot plenty of counter attacks and give those Carriers as many intercepts as possible. You want to force the Allies into late late '42 as you can before he has Max Carrier Experience. You don't want pure Carrier strikes killing a unit without as so much as a breath from anything else...

Plus your Fighters will be worthless