British Armour massacre

well am bored so i thought id post this.

Last night playing cmak, i decided to make a mess about tank battle. So i made a map, it was a valley with a small hill in the middle so to block los of each end of the map. One end I stuck a load of German armour, the other i put a few small hills and stuck a load of crusaders hull down aiming at the middle hill were the krauts would come over and then played.

The German armour was captured valentines, Rads and a few tigers (i picked these tanks as i had recently downloaded some mods for them and decided to see what they looked like in game)

So the Germans come over the hill and the hull down Brits massacre them bar the tigers and a few valentines. So i charged them with the majority of my crusaders (as some had been ko'd) the resulting close quarter tank battle was great and gave me an idea to make a bigger battle on the same but slightly modified map.

So leaving the valley and extending the map some, the middle hill i changed slighting so there was some dips in and placed several pzIVs, at the extended part of the map i placed a line of around 12-16 pzIV's. On the other end of the map i placed a small hill and placed 4 pzIIIs hull down on it flanked by AT guns in trenches and 2 88's on the hill with them.

Around 100? metres in front of these i placed British Churchill and valentine tanks.

i stuck the flag by the line of pzIV's at the farest edge of the map so i expected the British tanks (under AI control) to work there way forward. AI reinforcements containing a hell load of tanks would keep arriving every few minutes.

So i start the game, the British heavies fire a volley at the 'frontline' knocking out the 2 88's on the hill by the pzIII and knocking out 3 of those tanks.

so the crusaders start showing up and over the next 10 minutes 30 Brit tanks were ko'd and they hardly moved towards the German first position, what i imagined would have been a close quarter tank fight (after they broke through this 'front line') turned into a massacre of the British armour.

my pc crashed during the 11th minute, pc overheated lol, there was that many tanks, but ill try n play this one slowly to see what happens by the end of it.

But how come the British tank don’t move forward by do they just sit hiding behind there smoke (which isn’t working coz they keep getting picked off)?

[ June 03, 2005, 06:16 AM: Message edited by: the_enigma ]