Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

One more additon (hopefully small) for V 1.06

Bullwinkle

I would like the settings to be retained from game to game. It gets tiring to have to click on the same settings every time...FOW, Hex Grid, Sound On...etc.

I hope this will be easy to do.

I know there have been many suggestions for V1.06 but the one I like best is the adaptation of the weather factor - particularly in Russia. I hope that can happen - and of course my old favorite - Extending the time of the game past May '46.

I have one question for someone who can answer it - does V1.05 concern itself solely with multiplayer capability or are there also game improvments in this version?

V1.05 already addresses most of these:

- added storable preferences, set personal preferences will now be stored in your

installation directory and will not be overwritten when playing multiplayer games

by your opponents preferences

- tweaked Siberian Transfer triggers to weigh the Stalingrad/Caucuses area a bit more

- fixed some minor PBEM replay bugs

- fixed rare launch crash

- fixed Campaign load crash for corrupted campaign files

- fixed the PBEM exit bug, should no longer freeze up as it did on some systems

- fixed rare AI bug

So yes, other things besides TCP/IP were added.

I can't see weather being added with the present turn system remaining as is. The reason for longer turn lengths now during the winter months is a reflection of weather....hopefully variable regional weather conditions, coupled with consistent turn lengths might be added in future versions...

I have one question for someone who can answer it - does V1.05 concern itself solely with multiplayer capability or are there also game improvments in this version?

The v1.05 patch includes all changes from previous patches as well, some of which were AI tweaks to make it a bit more challenging. Once you apply the patch you can take a look at the complete list of changes included in the 'SC Version Changes.txt' that will be installed in your Strategic Command installation directory

Hope this helps,

Hubert

[ December 05, 2002, 12:40 AM: Message edited by: Hubert Cater ]