SC 2 - a 3 player game?

dragoon19

Don´t know if this been up before on the forum, but I think it could be a nice feature if it was possible to have 2 allied players vs the axis in a SC2 game.

One allied playe would control the USSR and another the USA+UK+France. Part of the thinking behind this is also that each of the two allied sides should have somewhat different victory goals - besides the destruction of the Axis. In this way while the overall situation would be say a allied victory with the destruction of the axis. The USSR could emerge as the dominant and get a overall first place among the allies if it managed to grab Central and Eastern Europe as well as say Greece, Denmark and Norway. With the US+UK+France in a second place.

This would perhaps create some tensions among the allied players that I think could add anoter dimension to the game. Possible a quick round og WWIII :D

Comments?

I'm hoping for up to a 5 player game myself.

And that each country can attack each other. Then if the players wish they can continue the war after, or through Diplomacy, USSR could fight along side Germany or Italy could side with the Allies, so many variables its amazing to think about them.

I agree with Blashy, although I would rather have option to have it be a 2-6 player game (Germany, Italy, France, Great Britain, Unted States, Soviet Union).

I really like the idea of having diplomacy. One thing that I like thats was done with "Hearts of Iron" was that there was a communist allience that could be formed with the USSR as it's head. The USSR could choose to do this as opposed to joining the Axis or Allies.

Comrade Trapp

Originally posted by John DiFool:

Well in a "normal" (historical) game, that

wouldn't make for a good game, but an option in

the editor to allow countries to defect to the

other side would be fine (and Hubert has hinted

that the editor will have gobs more functionality

than before).

JD

Indeed but the whole idea of these games is to rewrite history. Like you said, a possible options in the editor or game settings would suite everyone.