Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Hubert, why not a SC1.5 version ?

Edwin P.

Progrmaming a totally new version - ie SC2 could take a long time.

Have you considered releasing a interim version ie Advanced SC that builds on what you already have? and updates the current game.

This would also give SC a second chance to be reviewed in resources such as GameSpot and publications like Gaming World.

What could it include?

- Improved AI

- Modable AI, so players can to a limited extent mod the AI.

- Additional/Updated Techs

- New Rules/Units

- Events (ie Popup from Hungary to the UK player asking for money to delay joining the Axis, if you decline they join the Axis right away, if you accept they delay joining for X turns unless the Axis matches the Allied funding).

- Improved Graphics/Graphics that change during Winter. Ie the hexes turn a light white.

- Buildable Fortifications - Germany built a line of forts to impede the Allied Advance.

- Support for 3 player Online Games - Axis/Allies/Russia

- Ability to loan money to your ally for production.

- Improved FOW (ie FOW on for Human/Off for AI).

- Leaders/HQs that have ratings in Defensive/Offense and advance in each of these areas seperately. Ie if your unit successly defends it gains a in Defense. If it attacks successfully it gains in Offense. Thus you could have a strong offensive leader ie Patton who is weak on the defense.

- Popup Stats and Bios on Leaders with a Picture (ie General Patton - Noted for skills on the offense has .........)

In general, a stronger AI and more chrome that makes the game more challanging while retaining its simplicity.

Any thoughts, Hubert?

Many thanks for a great Game.

Calling it 1.5 is not going to make it any easier on Hubert eh heheh.

1.5, SC2, or "flavour of the moment, or SC monthly still requires he sit at a computer and do a lot of work.

When we call it SC2, I think we are all saying the much new and much improved SC with all our requests factored in.

Personally, if it takes him till next spring to give us a new version SC, I would think he was rather quick to act eh.

I myself am not expecting to see a revolution in the SC design sooner than Q1 2004.