Dumb Question?

reiver

I have I think exhausted all the possible outcomes against AI opponent and now I want to fight it out with a real opponent.

I have registered with the Cases Ladder PBEM site so what do I do next? Here are my questions.

Do I just challenge a likely candidate?

What sort of timescale do games last - I live in UK so I would visualise doing one turn a night and firing it off - is that OK?

Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

Reiver

I too live in the UK and I send 1 turn per day to most people I play. Sometimes if I am up at 3am I may reply to an American opponents turn smile.gif

The games I have played via email have tended to enter a pattern (until the last round of virus crippled my email server!), depending on where the person I am playing lives and how many turns they will do. Most seem to be 1 a day - except weekends where some ont play at all and others are a lot more active.

If you want to play me (peterbeach@hotmail.com) just drop me a line with your (axis) move, or a message to say you want me to be axis. If you want a tcp/ip game (a good way of speeding up PBEM games in 1 hour bursts of total warfare) then add me to your msn. I am not in the league btw and I am definitely not very good smile.gif

I play Europeans fairly often and I am on the other side of the pond.

Beauty of PBEM is it is not relvant what time of day it is if you can enjoy a turn a day.

Now some days I have clicked with an opponent, and managed to get turns about every 15 minutes.

Just depends what both of you is doing at the particular moment really.

As for finding opponents, hunt them wherever ya can is my advice. I have a forum and CT has one as well. There is the opponents wanted here at Battlefront (although you need to point it out clearly you want to play Strategic Command not CM as some of those guys are unaware any other games exist hehe).

The various ladders and leagues are just options too.