Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

AAR SC Z-League: Zappsweden (Axis) vs Terif (Allies).

zappsweden

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

March 1941:

Axis attacks Sweden. Heavy battles, 8th german army down to 4 strength.

Airbattles in southern England. UK ships and carrier attack Brest. Alexandria corps destroyed, will fall next turn. Gibraltar under italian bombardment.

April 1941:

Sweden now Axis. Italians force their way through Gibraltar towards France. Malta abandoned, will fall next turn. Egypt is Axis, but one Allied corps still alive.

Outside Brest, bombarding Allied navy encounter an Axis sub and they run away (since Luftwaffe will be there soon).

April 27, 1941:

UK ships run south to counter Italian navy ;) . Italian sub sunk, cruiser heavily damaged.

Yugoslavia coups and occupies the empty Tirana in Albania. Romania joins Axis (Hungary joined some turns before).

June 15, 1941:

Germany really wants to rule the sea...

They built another sub and a carrier. With these units the sea battle is decided, UK looses another 2 ships, the survivors retreat.

Bulgaria joined. Axis has only conquered Norway and Sweden so far.

[ August 01, 2003, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

March 1942:

Barbarossa begins. 4 Russian armies untouched since Axis could not launch a powerful attack. Finland joined Axis.

Axis attack Greece and Vichy France (land in Algeria and Syria but no attacks on Marseilles yet).

[ August 01, 2003, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

March 8, 1942:

Only 7 german armies and 3 airfleets attack Russia and build a defence line at the Russian border. 3 italian corps enter Russia, one of them destroyed immediately. Finland under attack. Still heavy airfights in England. One german corps transport sunk, an italian one heavily damaged.

April 5, 1942:

Heavy battles near Koenigsberg. 2 finish units destroyed, without reinforcement Finland will surrender within 2 turns.

Italian units in Algier have to retreat, followed and bombarded by allied ships. Palermo (Sicilly) taken by a UK corps. Marseilles still allied.

Naval battle near Canada, italian battleship destroyed, german sub reduced to 5.

The battle of Britain continues...Heavy airfights each tun...

May 3, 1942:

Axis retreats back to the German border. Finland capital under heavy attack, will fall next turn.

Atlantic battle:

2 Allied ships lost, one german sub sunk. Both fleets heavily damaged and both sides retreat to ports for repair...

Since all Axis ships are in the Atlantic, Allies rule the Med: transports are looking for empty cities...

May 31, 1942:

Finland surrenders, no fights in Russia.

Italian transport sunk outside London. The battle continues...

Malta occupied by Allies. Vichy corps leaves Marseilles. Tripoli naval bombarded. 2 US army transports stand east and west of the city.

July 19, 1942:

After a 2 turn fight, Sweden has been liberated. A dozen russian units supported by 2 Hqs move east towards Norway. 2 russian corps transports blocking Denmark strait attacked by 3 german carriers, one destroyed. Lots of Axis transports move to Norway as reinforcements...

Russia starts an attack towards Poland and Romania. Minor air battles.

Still heavy airbattles around London.

Now Germany, UK and Russia reached Lv 1 jets.

August 16, 1942:

Axis brought some armies + Hq to Norway. Heavy ground battles. German carriers attack. 3 russian airfleets sink one of the carrier.

Heavy air and ground fights at the polish border. 3 russian air vs 3 german ones. Russia reached Lv2 jets.

Huge airbattles as well in UK: 3 UK air vs 4 german. Still naval bombardment of Tripoli and surrounding in the Med.

August 30, 1942:

German armies in Poland under heavy attack. In Sweden 2 russian armies got lost in the attempt to make a breakthrough. Finally an important german army has been killed too and a corps moves into the gap. Both Swedish mines now liberated. Carrier-airfleet battles.

Italian transport sunk again outside London. Some US airfleets arrived together with a blockade runner Hq - still 2 german subs and 3 italian capital ships in the Atlantic between England and USA. Now allied airfleets are superior in number.

Axis give up. Allies again have the MPP advantage and axis has no offensive play.

I did some things wrong prior to barbarossa. I bought 3 carriers, 2 would have been enough to reduce Londong entrenchment.

Also, I only put 1 transport at the time outside London. If I had put 2 he had killed one and be forced to protect London i.e giving my carriers more active role.

UK were almost bled dry but since Jet tech was at L0 for very long, casualties were never high enough to really damage them. My carries had too low tech to compete or finish them off (his air up north).

[ August 01, 2003, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]