Russian OOB

Iron Ranger

I was interested in the deployment of Russian units as time went on, so I ran a Hot Seat check. Here are the results.

The russias have four OOB, after the they reach the forth level only the amout of MPPs that are 'banked' increase each turn.

Level 1 - Before France falls (no date)

6 Armys, 0 Tanks, 1 Air, 4 Corps, 90 MPPs

Level 2 - After France falls (June 22 1940)

9 Armys, 1 Tank, 2 Air, 6 Corps, 300 MPPs

Level 3 - After Baltic States (July 28 1940)

9 Armys, 1 Tank, 7 Corps, 2 Air, 360 MPPs

note - this setup is back from the boarder and would be hard to assult

Level 4 - Pre Yougoslava Coup (Feb 2 1941)

11 Armys, 6 Corps, 2 Tanks, 3 Air 570 MPPs

The MPPs level increased over time and toped out at 920 MPPs when Russia entered on her own. I did nothing special in DOW on minor or units on the boarder so this date and any other could be adjusted depending on your actions and randam events.

I may have missed a level or two but tried to follow the important political events and check before and after each one. Each person can draw there own conclusion, but I have noticed that attacking the BS and prevoking Russia is a good stratigy against the AI - this would be another story if playing an experenced human.

Playing against AI, I have delayed the Russian entry until November-December, 1941. I have had the "top level" OOB on Russian entry, but as many as 1600 MPPs. So the possible top number for those may be higher than what Iron Ranger noted.

Another AI "bug" is that the Germans can line up a major force on the Russian border, let the Russians take the first shot and launch a devistating "counter attack." No Russian border unit escapes alive, usually. Most real life armies would be less eager to charge into encirclements...