Icons verses Military Symbols

SeaWolf_48

In "Blackhawk Down" a Delta Force Sargent tells one of the soldiers that "when bullets are flying past your head, all politics go out the window". When your playing against an opponate you don't care about rules or units, you just want to stay alive. But when the smoke clears and you think about what just happened you want the game either to be more historic or fair. That's human nature.

Some of us old AH players would like to see the option of having Military Symbols for units instead of icons. You know the ones, the X for infantry Etc.

What do you think?

How about being able to designate a German Unit as SS, and having it turn black with white text?

These are SC2 ideas ofcoarse!

Also having Panzer Grenidier Corps, and Mechinized Army Corps for the Russians, Also Armored Infantry for the US and Brits. These would have higher move points and stronger attack points than infantry.

The quote from BHD is from memory, so don't get anual, please tongue.gif !

• 2 weeks later...

SeaWolf

Haven't had more than a glimps of them so far, but I like your unit counters. They're a good mix of military and icon ID's and stand out well against the map background. I replaced the Elite Mod images with yours and think they're easier on the eyes with better detail than others I've tried. Thanks for creating them. smile.gif

[ January 22, 2003, 04:31 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]