Historical Freaks!

waltero

I like a game with balance... SC has that!

I like a game that can grow... Hubert is providing that!

I like a mature forum community... for the most part we have that here!

"Can't we all, just get along?" circa LA riots.

We all have opinions, and we probably all fear that SC's game balance and ease of play will suffer if EVERY FLIPPING IDEA is implemented.

I have faith in Hubert's vision for the game, and his guidance of it so far has been superb. I see that many features are setup as options, not mandates. If Hubert includes things, and gives us the tools to turn them off if we don't like them, then we all win.

If the game gets screwed up (which I doubt), then we move on.

In the end, we all have valid opinions... except maybe Norse and wolfpack tongue.gif (just kidding) ... and there is some form of camaraderie shared between us (most of us hidding here from our wives... heh!).

And we should cut oursleves some slack!

****, have another beer! :D

Aloid (I want zoom in graphics of each battle fought at man to man level!)

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iraq as an Axis minor? Would make a bit of sense.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they had a pro-axis coup, followed by Commonwealth intervention? Yes indeed. Already got Hubert's comment on this.

And now to the point I was trying to make in this thread...think about this and give me one or two good reasons the coup in Iraq does not fit into SC. Or did you ever think about why it might not work instead of how cool it would be? (Mind you, I like the idea, not that the Germans need it any easier than they have it now)

And now to the point I was trying to make in this thread...think about this and give me one or two good reasons the coup in Iraq does not fit into SC. Or did you ever think about why it might not work instead of how cool it would be? (Mind you, I like the idea, not that the Germans need it any easier than they have it now)

==================================================

1) Coup in Iraq does not fit - despite being a pro-axis coup, Germany never recieved a drop of oil or a pfennig from Iraq. In SC they would receive all of Iraq's MPP's despite having no land or water connection. The British always had troops stationed in Iraq, and after a short seige of their airbase the British conquered Iraq with less than 5,000 troops in about three weeks (May, 1941 - before Barbarossa).

2) The actual interactions with Iraq (bases, aircraft shuttles, troop depots in a "neutral" country) are too complicated to represent at this scale. A pro-Allied Iraq doesn't feel right, and pro-Axis Iraq give far too many MPP's to Germany before it is conquered. Leaving it Neutral appears to be the best compromise at SC scale.

2)

As originally posted by Straha:

There ought to be Freaks, send in the Freaks!

Ah -- Behold!

The Craziest Show on Earth!

(... and to some, the scariest-strange thing,

It was a mighty miraculous birth!)

Clowns with bulbous red noses!

And jugglers with show-stopping, slow

Toppling, batons in the air!

And no one ever supposes

That the Games - once begun, are anything

but fun and storied and fair!

And see the one time Lepers -- faces creased

From laughter -- not anymore! anymore tears,

And looksee! the lame ones -- kicking up heels!

And the blind ones -- yell the Mystery bold!

And tell of spilling-out pots

Of honestly sought, rainbow-end gold!

... well, it's only the Freak Show,

And yes, don't you know -- you ARE invited,

Yowsa! Come one & all! O

... will you tarry then, and tell us?

You were humble but also excited, brave

Since briefly afraid... but ever always!

Faithful -- to the old old idea -- yes, yes Yes!

There really truly IS... another

Growing and Great! (... here, through

The unhinged gate , it's

Never too late!) garden called... Eden,

Out there... ;)

Originally posted by Wolfpack:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> quote:

Iraq as an Axis minor? Would make a bit of sense.

As they had a pro-axis coup, followed by Commonwealth intervention? Yes indeed. Already got Hubert's comment on this.

And now to the point I was trying to make in this thread...think about this and give me one or two good reasons the coup in Iraq does not fit into SC. Or did you ever think about why it might not work instead of how cool it would be? (Mind you, I like the idea, not that the Germans need it any easier than they have it now)</font>

Originally posted by Good Soldier Svejk:

Glad you brought up Iraq. I've been thinking alot about it. After the coup, how cool would it be to have Godzilla appear there? Now THAT would be cool (so cool :cool: )

Yes, this is the stereotypical spamming troll smile.gif

Make a suggestion, and they try to riddicule you and laugh it/you away.

Maybe it worked 10 on 1 in the schoolyard when you were kids, try to grow out of it now.

I said here is the rope, try to hang me. Is this the best you got? Pssst go away troll ;)

~Norse~

Norse, just my 2 cents, but I don't think any of the others are spoiling to get you, and they can surely comment for themselves, but I would favor a truce, yes?

We have established that each of us can be passionate about our care & concern for this great game -- let's all ease up (... me too) and have some fun, fair enough? smile.gif

Originally posted by Norse:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Aloid:

In the end, we all have valid opinions... except maybe Norse and wolfpack tongue.gif (just kidding) ...

Coming from the one who turns his coat the way the wind blows. Just a joke of course... ;) </font>

Originally posted by Norse:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Good Soldier Svejk:

Glad you brought up Iraq. I've been thinking alot about it. After the coup, how cool would it be to have Godzilla appear there? Now THAT would be cool (so cool :cool: )

Yes, this is the stereotypical spamming troll smile.gif

Make a suggestion, and they try to riddicule you and laugh it/you away.

Maybe it worked 10 on 1 in the schoolyard when you were kids, try to grow out of it now.

I said here is the rope, try to hang me. Is this the best you got? Pssst go away troll ;)

~Norse~</font>

Originally posted by Immer Etwas:

Norse, just my 2 cents, but I don't think any of the others are spoiling to get you, and they can surely comment for themselves, but I would favor a truce, yes?

We have established that each of us can be passionate about our care & concern for this great game -- let's all ease up (... me too) and have some fun, fair enough? smile.gif

Hell no, WAR ON TROLL!! :mad: lol, jk

Alright, sure

~Norse signing fair enough right here~ ;)

Are you backing off from your threat already? Why? Just because I live in your state? haha If you can't back your **** up then don't try to scare people with threats, yes? and on the internet as well... how patethic can you be.

I think you misunderstood an allegorical reference to MadMatt coming and closing the thread for turning away from the subject and into something personal. Wolfpack isn't bald and doesn't live in Texas. In fact, he probably doesn't even want to kick your ass. ;)

Perhaps if you weren't looking for a fight you wouldn't see the start of one in every post directed at you.