Any Chance At All For A Fix?

I love CMBO and I will probably get the re-release but two things really get to me.

1. The MG bug. I am not really sure what it is but as MG's can very well be the epicenter of many local defenses it should be addressed.

2. Many of my U.S. tanks STILL refuse to use thier "T" rounds even while dueling it out with a Tiger at long range. Same with many AT guns. The howitzers in "Merry X-Mas at Hemroulle" will not use the "C" rounds.

First of all, it's highly unlikely that BFC will ever patch CMBO, and that is a big bummer for a guy like me who MUCH prefers the West Front to the Ostfront. It seems like we may be able to use the forthcoming CMAK game to make Western Front battles, and that should have the GOOD features of CMBB incorporated (and then some).

MG bug: see above. One of the ways I "simulate" more effective MG fire is to play with "Low Quality troops" (i.e. Green units). Also, pair your MGs together, or give the attacker a -10% penalty to give the defender more pts. to buy MGs or higher quality MGs, etc. Lower visibility (dawn/dusk and/or overcast are my favs) also makes it tougher for the attacker, in general; same with light snow or rain.

T/C rounds: You MUST have a COMPLETE "ID" of the targeted tank before your unit (tank, AT gun, etc.) will use "t"/Tungsten round. It can't just say "Tiger?". No dice. As for "c" rounds, I don't know if you need a full ID, but your unit will use them very sparingly... for example, your Howitzer or Howitzer/Close Support Tank will fire a few "h"/high explosive rounds to "bracket" the target, then fire "c" when it thinks it has a decent chance of actually scoring a hit w/ the few specialty shells it has.

Hope this helps,

SM

[ April 29, 2003, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Silvio Manuel ]

Hear hear! :mad:

And hear again! :mad:

I continue to express my disappointment in not seeing any patch correcting the final bugs of CM:BO.

Such comparatively base errors stands in embarrassing contrast not only to the continually expressed initial ambitions of the BTC, and to the statements in the manual now re-printed and re-released. It also casts a shadow upon the BFC in the light of the devoted, loyal and wholehearted gaming community they inherited from the BTC, and that they can visit on this forum any day of the week, year round.

A shadow apparently quite unseen by the concerned.

Yours Sincerely

Dandelion

(Yes Martin, you already know my adress)