AAR Zappsweden vs Terif (game 1 of 2)

zappsweden

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

July, 1944:

Axis abandon Turkey (except for one city). Algeria is soon cleared from Allied units. Denmark has been ocuupied by Russian landing. French and Belgium coast bombarded by Allied navy. Still some newly landed allied ground units struggling in Spain and France.

[ January 10, 2003, 06:30 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

July 16, 1944:

Axis occupies Paris again, Turkey surrenders to Russia. Axis loose suez port. US Hq in Algeria has been eliminated, remaining allied forces out of supply.

[ January 09, 2003, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

August 27, 1944:

Allied invasion forces in France, Spain, Portugal and Algier are eliminated. Norway has been liberated by allies, large scale invasion in Sweden, some russian units are landing in North Africa behind Alexandria. The last german ship sunk in the battle for Norway.

Originally posted by Hueristic:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Terif:

June 6, 1944:

France and Denmark are liberated by UK and russian forces. US landing in Portugal. Heavy fights in Turkey and Poland.

Wow Could it Be??

Will it happen??

May 2, 1945

Berlin falls to the Soviets.</font>

Originally posted by zappsweden:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hueristic:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Terif:

June 6, 1944:

France and Denmark are liberated by UK and russian forces. US landing in Portugal. Heavy fights in Turkey and Poland.

Wow Could it Be??

Will it happen??

May 2, 1945

Berlin falls to the Soviets.</font>

June 16, 1946:

Romania and its oil has been conquered. A major breakthrough by russian rockets in the polish border line forced axis to retreat back to Berlin. Allied transports the whole coast along from germany to Portugal. Approximately 35 axis corps are standing at the atlantik wall. Russian denmark expedition forces reache the first german city.

My comments on the game:

Both made mistakes but I did the major ones in this game. For instance, Spain held for an entire year and I gambled on leaving minimal defence in Iraque. Allies won because of it, but only barely (with 5-6 turns left before a stalemate draw.

Before Iraque fell we were equally matched. When Iraque fell, the game was lost because he suddenly had so much more resources than I had.

I also suffered alot because his carriers got alot of experience. He had a carrier in London Port and an entrenched air fleet in London. Those 2 units supported each other so it was hard to drive them off.

Conclusion:

I still think that Axis has a clear advantage. Terif might be the best out there and he barely beat me despite me making mistakes so the Axis would win if they play it good.