Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Top Seven Reason Why Moon, the Marin moves our discussions to the General Forum

BriantheWise

1) He's motherly and thinks we should meet other friends.

2) We say smart things and he wants us to share with the other people here.

3) He wants us on the general forum where they talk about the other cool games so we can get hyped up and buy them.

4) He's lonely and is in charge of moving this posts around and he wants to feel powerful.

5) He is envious of our intelligence and wants to protect Hubert from any criticism, so he will bury us over there (I have never been there, actually).

6) He can.

7) We talk too much about SCII, and he is protecting Hubert from a breakdown, because Hubert read all of what we say on this forum, but has no time to read that forum, since he is working on SCII.

And the real reason is...drum roll...

Some of what is discussed here has nothing to do with Strategic Command (though why some it still stays here, mystifies me - it seems somewhat arbitrary).

Martin, don't be mad. It is said in kind jest.

Still though, I must add this comment, when people are jazzing at each other, it's not bad!

I see here and there this "stuff" going on, I just scroll to the next post on it, or thread. And my thought is one: if you don't like it, skip it, or respond to it. That's why there is a mosh pit going on sometimes. and two: you're going to move this into the general forum aren't you.

nuf sed (but all with smiles).

Brian the Whoknowswhat

And my seven reasons:

1. The discussion has nothing to do with Strategic Command.

2. It's annoying for other users of the forum to have to wade through off topic discussions.

3. He's concerned that if too many people post off topic threads then there will be so much "noise" in the forum that many will stop using it.

4. He's quite happy for you to have a discussion, but in the appropriate place.

5. If he didn't moderate the board it might easily degenerate into flame wars. Witness the recent trolling by our departed diehard stalinist.

6. The forums are in many respects the public face of Battlefront. If a newcomer to a game's board finds it dominated by heated discussions about "the nine best WWII whatevers" it might affect his perception of the game. Try looking at the GI Combat forum for an example of this.

7. Because he can! ;)

By the way, what's a Marin? Some kind of fish? smile.gif

Another totally pointless and useless thread that needs to be locked and hopefully thrown away... Obviously there are too many bored people staring at their monitors....me included for even bothering to read this drek!

[ November 22, 2002, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: J P Wagner ]

mistered.jpg

"Well Ed, at least you aren't 'another bored person staring at his monitor!'"

riobravo.jpg

"Wagner's right, it's another pointless forum and I'm gonna have to go on down there and lock it up and throw away the key."

"But Martin, you know how doing that upsets you."

"I know but it's part of the job."

"But Martin, what about the one's who hate you for it?"

"Let'em hate me, I'm doin'it for their own good. And Wagner's right, they're just a bunch of bored good for nothings starin'at their monitors. They ought to be doing something more mature and constructive, something that would make this place a better world to live in."

"Like playing war games?"

"Well, I'm still gonna lock it up and throw away the key."

[ November 22, 2002, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

-- JP_Wagner

Know what you mean, for a while the PC wargame was awfully neglected, especially on the strategic level. I'm glad the manufacturers finally realize we're part of the market! -- Thanks for the lead-in, and the Duke thanks you as well. ;)

-- Compassion --

Wild and crazy -- if your entry didn't get this thing locked up it means MadMatt is either asleep or in a very mellow mood today. :cool:

If this Forum goes much longer I'll give it the acid test and post my still from Cabaret of the Hitler Youth Kid singing with his arm raised. That one seems to be an automatic lock up -- with an explanation like "Off topic and not fit for decent people to look at!"

The hell of it is, I post things like that, shake my head, and agree with him when he locks it up. :rolleyes:

[ November 22, 2002, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

BriantheWise said: "Some of what is discussed here has nothing to do with Strategic Command (though why some it still stays here, mystifies me - it seems somewhat arbitrary)."

Well, actually it's not arbitrary (well, a little, but not much ;) ), but thing is that the boards are quite busy, so it's impossible to always catch everything on time. There are other things to do than just watching the forums...

Archibald listed all the correct reasons. With that, I'm locking this up.

Martin