Stop Wandering Corps Syndrome!

Liam

We need some sort defense against the Blasted Corp Fleets that all nations tend to assemble. They run way out of supply and way out of the way to irritate rather than do something realistic. Conquor land... I would like to see some sort of base naval unit that defends coasts only... Or more penalties for it. The Russians can send as many as 10-20 corps in a game to Northern Germany and never take a single city but hold their own there until the end of the War... In reality the Kriegsmarine would've nailed them all!

As in the case of the invasion of the US or Canada with Italian/Germany corps...

I purpose Destroyers as a multi-Raid coastal defense update with little or no power beyond those two rolls. Though gunboats and coastal survellianc and the logistics of launching such an attack being very expensive! So hike the price up for those corps that sit at sea for months on end! Make them pay bitterly for not actually using them for a true purpose of Invasion<just harassment> Corp Transports were NEVER used in WW2 as harassment units as far as I know... They sunk! tongue.gif

We need some sort defense against the Blasted Corp Fleets that all nations tend to assemble. They run way out of supply and way out of the way to irritate rather than do something realistic. Conquor land... I would like to see some sort of base naval unit that defends coasts only... Or more penalties for it. The Russians can send as many as 10-20 corps in a game to Northern Germany and never take a single city but hold their own there until the end of the War... In reality the Kriegsmarine would've nailed them all!

As in the case of the invasion of the US or Canada with Italian/Germany corps...

I purpose Destroyers as a multi-Raid coastal defense update with little or no power beyond those two rolls. Though gunboats and coastal survellianc and the logistics of launching such an attack being very expensive! So hike the price up for those corps that sit at sea for months on end! Make them pay bitterly for not actually using them for a true purpose of Invasion<just harassment> Corp Transports were NEVER used in WW2 as harassment units as far as I know... They sunk! tongue.gif

Oh, and it's two different things to leave a city undefended<then gets hit by enemy amphibious landings> and to allow a corps 3 thousand miles away to sit at sea for 6 months then land on a US oilfeild to pee them off and cut supply their in half..etc...

Oh, and it's two different things to leave a city undefended<then gets hit by enemy amphibious landings> and to allow a corps 3 thousand miles away to sit at sea for 6 months then land on a US oilfeild to pee them off and cut supply their in half..etc...

Sorry John though next to Fighters this is the biggest problem in the game...

Jet Fighters would be too slow to hit land targets and I don't think Russia ever had enough transports to move that many men in WW2! So a limit would be good...or a High Price

Sorry John though next to Fighters this is the biggest problem in the game...

Jet Fighters would be too slow to hit land targets and I don't think Russia ever had enough transports to move that many men in WW2! So a limit would be good...or a High Price

Liam

You're right, they are two of the worst problems. Glad you started this forum as it revives the topic. As you can see I'm pasting the three links as a reference.

The other forums ran their course. Perhaps yours will bring the problem nearer to a solution. smile.gif

Liam

You're right, they are two of the worst problems. Glad you started this forum as it revives the topic. As you can see I'm pasting the three links as a reference.

The other forums ran their course. Perhaps yours will bring the problem nearer to a solution. smile.gif

Well if someone drops an Italian corps on a USA oilfeild whose fault is that!!

I always leave token defence of at least 1 ship and sometimes a bomber. You can see an invasion coming a mile away. How can a player recon the map before sending important ships in. Its not like we got patrol boats to do the job for us. Anyone who does not send a corps to do the recon buissness might as well play another game. I agree that there shoule be a transport limit and

a amphib capability for all sides and they should be different.

Well if someone drops an Italian corps on a USA oilfeild whose fault is that!!

I always leave token defence of at least 1 ship and sometimes a bomber. You can see an invasion coming a mile away. How can a player recon the map before sending important ships in. Its not like we got patrol boats to do the job for us. Anyone who does not send a corps to do the recon buissness might as well play another game. I agree that there shoule be a transport limit and

a amphib capability for all sides and they should be different.

Originally posted by JerseyJohn:

Liam

Okay-people keep using "forum" when they should

be using "topic" or "thread". This ENTIRE

collection of "threads" is called the "Strategic

Command Forum"-kapish? ;)

John DiFool

Originally posted by JerseyJohn:

Liam

Okay-people keep using "forum" when they should

be using "topic" or "thread". This ENTIRE

collection of "threads" is called the "Strategic

Command Forum"-kapish? ;)

John DiFool

Yes Gazza! Though the navies of these nations are ill representated in SC... If at all

Here is a a bigger picture from this website

http://www.naval-history.net/WW2CampaignsAtlanticBattles.htm

I think we have a few ships missing!<even strategic scale> Do you honestly think that an Italian amphibious landing of Texas was possible in WW2? Even if it was I think Bush's GrandPappy would've got his shotgun and shot a hole in bottom of the wooden transport tongue.gif

Yes Gazza! Though the navies of these nations are ill representated in SC... If at all

Here is a a bigger picture from this website

http://www.naval-history.net/WW2CampaignsAtlanticBattles.htm

I think we have a few ships missing!<even strategic scale> Do you honestly think that an Italian amphibious landing of Texas was possible in WW2? Even if it was I think Bush's GrandPappy would've got his shotgun and shot a hole in bottom of the wooden transport tongue.gif

John Di-Fool

Bit of a sore point heh? Well, Forum-Thread-Topic-Fertility Ritual it might have been better if you'd offered an opinion on the game issue being discussed instead of going so far off-topic with your semantics tirade-Kapish? tongue.gif

John Di-Fool

Bit of a sore point heh? Well, Forum-Thread-Topic-Fertility Ritual it might have been better if you'd offered an opinion on the game issue being discussed instead of going so far off-topic with your semantics tirade-Kapish? tongue.gif

Off topic, bahh? Is there such a thing in SC?

These are all the Amphibious OPs of WW2...

I don't think you'll find many Italian landings off Texas? Why...cause landings off Texas weren't friggin Italians Business ;) In fact besides Germany/US/Japan/UK I don't that you'll find a single incident of anyone else achieving such technology...

http://www.naval-history.net/WW2CampaignsAmphibious.htm

Off topic, bahh? Is there such a thing in SC?

These are all the Amphibious OPs of WW2...

I don't think you'll find many Italian landings off Texas? Why...cause landings off Texas weren't friggin Italians Business ;) In fact besides Germany/US/Japan/UK I don't that you'll find a single incident of anyone else achieving such technology...

http://www.naval-history.net/WW2CampaignsAmphibious.htm