Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

A funny thing happened on the way to Baghdad.......

Guest Mike

In my "World at War" scenario I've given Iraq to the French by starting it as surrendered then changing control of all the hexes.

Now when (if!! smile.gif ) France surrenders Iraq stays "blue". The Brits can gain control only by MOVING units within the country - operating in doesn't change anything.

Wwhat is supposed to happen to conquered territories when the conquering nation surrenders??

Originally posted by Mike:

In my "World at War" scenario I've given Iraq to the French by starting it as surrendered then changing control of all the hexes.

Now when (if!! smile.gif ) France surrenders Iraq stays "blue". The Brits can gain control only by MOVING units within the country - operating in doesn't change anything.

Wwhat is supposed to happen to conquered territories when the conquering nation surrenders??

There is some definite oddities going on in

the situation you describe. I have been playing

around with a Germany vs. Russia scenario, and

discovered to my chagrin that there aren't any

"Russian Minor Allies"-even if I change hex

control to red, the minors' units are still

considered under British control-even though

Britain in my scenario has surrendered to the

Axis! So the Russians couldn't repair their

allies' units. :confused: This definitely needs

to be addressed.

JD

Oh no... pop my head in for a minute and now I'm in trouble ;)

OK it's been a while, but I believe what's happening with the original Baghdad scenario is that when France surrenders there is still some territory that may have to be mopped up or reclaimed by another ally, thus why Iraq is still 'blue'. This could still take a little tweaking so I'll have to take a look.

As for the Soviet minor allies, this is correct, there is no such thing in the game. The only minors are Axis or Allied under either UK or German control, so if the UK surrenders then reinforcing the Allied minors is not possible since there is no MPP to do so. One idea may be to create Russian controlled minors but this may or may not be coming.

I guess the problem is that the Campaign Editor is very open ended and will allow you to create campaigns that go beyond what the original game is intended to support, so some things may not work out as planned.

Hope that helps,

Hubert

[ August 28, 2002, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: Hubert Cater ]