Sealion

desertfox5768

The problem I have is getting a foothold in England quick enough before the Russians join the party.

You're best bet against Allied seapower around England is your Luftwaffe. Get range upgrades, and jet upgrades preferrably. You may lose some transports (Keep Corp units on the flanks of your landing assault) but they should take heavy losses from your Luftwaffe.

It is important to be fast in the Lowlands and France. After Poland I concentrate on defeating Lowlands and France. Then I move my best army (in my definition the Manstein HQ and 4 armies and a tank unit). Move them from nothern France perhaps with a cheap Chorps at the side which is perhaps destroyed by the British navy. When you start transporting them you should have your (weak) fleet around them and 4 or 5 air fleets at the most northern points of France.

At the same time a Italian army with 4 units (later 5) and a HQ attacks Spain, then Portugal and then Gibraltar. After capturing Gibraltar I move the Italian fleet (which fighted only a little to gain experience) to England. Normally at the same time I can capture London. With 2 or three German subs I sunk the British fleet. Then England gets no more troops from the USA and you can move 4 air fleets and 1 HQ (Rommel) to England. After some rounds Enlgand ist yours. Normally Russia attacks before England is mine but my German troops which are not needed in England are moved to Norway and Sweden. Some Italien and some German units are moved to the Russian border so you can tand there long enough until the very experienced troops from England and Sweden arrive. And it is also easy to capture Turkey after defeating England. This gives you the great oppurtunity to attack Russia in the Caucasian area. And this will boost you MPPs and this is the end of the Russian Empire :D

I never engage in the med area. I think this is a waste of troops and time. You get Egypt for free when you defeat England. And you can capture Iraq easily after defeating Turkey.