Game crashes?

Pico

Pico

There are too many files in the SC folder that he is trying to open. Move the files into a different folder, then have him start again. That should solve the problem.

I suspect its a memory management problem with SC.

Cold reboot (ie starting the computer from a power off condtion) may help, as it clears out the memory registers.

(a few hours after I wrote the above)

Let me expand on the "too many files" comment. In the SC PBEM folder, if it has a file it doesn't like, SC will sit there. I figure its in a endless loop. You have to go into the Task Manager to kill SC.

I have not be able to definetively determine what the causes are, so I can only warn you about what I suspect.

When you download a PBEM file, don't do anything else. Something is happening to a downloaded file, either during the download process or once it hits the PBEM folder, if too many files are there. Whatever is happening to the file, SC can't read it, so it just sits there.

By getting rid of all of the files in the PBEM folder, then downloading (or copy from from another folder) the file you want, then try to start SC. If it won't start with that one file in the folder, than there is a problem with the file and you need to download it again.

If you still can't load with one file in the folder and a fresh download, I don't know what to tell you.

[ November 22, 2003, 04:51 AM: Message edited by: Shaka of Carthage ]