Perfect for full ww2 global scope

Titan

The scale and size of this game will make a great if not better game on a global scale ,not that the Euro theater wont be any good of which it looks destined to classic.

I hope Hubert for his next venture consider's ww2 in full Glory as opposed to just a far East and sth pacific side show.

It would be interesting to see what Hubert could do with WiF(World in Flames) demo. I think that is the best overall world map I have seen for a game of that scale. Also all the unit counters are finished. Just needs an AI and some game play adjustment.

Tim

Hubert, The rumor is that with SC almost done you have more free time on your hands. :] I hope this means you are getting down to making the next Strategic Command and that it will cover the entire World War 2 arena. Thank you for all the hard work you have put into this project.

Am I the only one who would like to see a pure PTO sequel more than a world-spanning game? smile.gif

I somehow think that the "worldwide" game would engender problems with all those more or less inconsequential, but map space taking neutrals in Central and South Amerika and Central and Southern Afrika. (Aren´t there are already problems to implement two more hexrows?) Also, invasions in most of these regions seem a bit far fetched for me (Axis and Allies anyone? ;) ).

If the sequel concentrates on the Pazific, however, then this would have the advantage that the map could be more detailed, and there could be more specific units and rules fitting this particular type of war. It would nicely complement SC. Finally, such a game was not done yet either, for Gary Grigsby´s Pacific War is on the operational level with much more "downwards" detail, and the planned sequel will be like this, too (not that there´s anything wrong with that, but I think there´s still room for a more accessible and "lighthearted" game a la SC where a campaign can be played in just a few sessions).

Of course, I also would love to just have a SC2 where we could (among other things) play PBEM with 5 players, and where Russia, the US and Italy would be playable nations seperately (Human or AI). smile.gif

Straha

[ June 09, 2002, 03:46 AM: Message edited by: Straha ]

I agree with Straha, I'd much prefer a pure PTO game over one covering the entire war. After that I'd like another ETO game with much more realism and a greatly extended map.
Ditto. However, both PTO and ETO scenarios could be included in a future SC2. Except for different map files, it should be the same game. Linking the scenarios may be possible without trying to have a global map, but I'd settle for separate scenarios.

The variable turn abstraction should be reconsidered for PTO due to the larger scale. It really needs to be reconsidered for ETO also. The game will play just as quickly and easily with standard 2-week turns and some seasonal effects as it does now, but would be a little bit more realistic and consistent for both theaters.