Disappearing Photos!

JerseyJohn

Using Carl's vM's method, explained in an earlier forum, I've been spicing my postings with photos linked to other sites.

The past few days I've noticed many of them vanishing -- some reappear and others don't. Does this have something to do with the origin site, this site, my computer . . ..? :confused:

If so (to any of my vague questions!) I'd appreciate any info offered.

[ November 11, 2002, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Exactly! :D

"Fatal Error -- I'll show you Fatal Error you box of wires!"

[And over here was placed a photo of Michael Corleone rushing into a room, looks like a restaurant, with a double barrelled shotgun ready to discharge a blast -- the scene was deleted from the movie, and also from my entry!]

Michael3.jpg

[ November 12, 2002, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

I love my computer, and it loves me. I treat it like a second girlfriend. I don't beat it, it gives me that sweet sweet loving. Errr... something like that. :D

I've alwayed treated my computer(s) as living things, operating under the assumption that if I'm kind to its software environment and hardware, it will be kind to me.

Freaky thing is, that actually WORKS.

tz140-01.jpg

Above photo -- and I'm hoping it stays there -- is from a very old Twilight Zone episode, "With Love from Agnes" where programmer Wally Cox has problems with his mainframe because she :rolleyes: finds out he's getting married and becomes jealous.

Agreed with Rouge -- I think fondly on the long string I've had starting in '81 with a British Sinclair (5k, hook up to TV screen; the original model before Sinclair and Timex combined on it)

and going through various Radio Shack, Atari, Commodore 64 & !28, then the IBM gambit.

Wish I'd held on to some of them as soon to be collector's items. Last one I gave away was an IBM AT with 5 1/4" disc drive from the days when hard drives were small and a luxury, and I really miss it, though it was unreliable and incapable of anything but early DOS.

As it turns out, my present machine, Agnes, tells me the problem was my fault for being so impatient -- I wasn't waiting till the little green squares were all filled in at the bottom of the screen.

But who knows, maybe they really are disappearing and reappearing?

tz089-02.jpg

"As your doctor I'm recommending plenty of rest."

[ November 11, 2002, 02:47 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]