Another Bug by Rambo, the Suez Canal supply

Suez Canal is totally screwed up far as supply. French corp get no supply from the Suez Canal, can't transport, can't anything. Yet Italian with no supply except Suez Canal (cutoff from everything else) can transport, meaning it has at least supply-5. The French had supply-2.

And another so called "Bug" that is no bug, but an effect of the burnout syndrom... lol ;)

For transporting you dont need a minimum supply (thats something else than operating). You simply cant transport your french corps, since France has surrendered and you dont have french mpp any more to spend for transporting ;) .

French transports on the way to Suez when France surrenders stay french units - already mentioned long time ago and you can easily check it when you click on them. Perhaps this you could call a little bug, but it only evens out the advantage that you have a 100% survival chance for your transports instead of 20% everywhere else - the price is you cant reinforce,operate or transport them any more after their arrival. Anyway, it nearly never happens in a real game - where should french transports on Suez route come from if you dont try something crazy... tongue.gif

Suez supply (ports provide no supply) is certainly no bug. But it depends on the definition: if you call everything you dont like a "bug", then it is... :D .

[ May 22, 2004, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Yoda said

Anyway, it nearly never happens in a real game - where should french transports on Suez route come from if you dont try something crazy...
Yes, I do play dangerous & go for the big rewards smile.gif My gamestyle is all about being an American Cowboy, Adventurer, Trailblazer, & a Smack Evangelist. I live for the big hits in life too. I enjoy high stakes poker, the stock market pennystocks, selling puts/calls, chasing the hottest chicks, taking chances on the golf course to score birdies. In this particular game, I was trying something tricky. This, French Suez route queue thing screwed the Legend, it happens.

Team USA & Camp Rambo doesn't like to sit around with the old ladies, looking for bugs to spring on my brethren smile.gif That's why I'm me.

Rambo is also busy working my own "Graceland" property (5-acres in the great State of Washington), no time to argue like a lawyer about bugs. Maybe I'll buy a golf cart for my ranch smile.gif

gp.cfm?photoid=95668&type=1

In Graceland, In Graceland

I’m going to Graceland

For reasons I cannot explain

There’s some part of me wants to see

Graceland

And I may be obliged to defend

Originally posted by Terif:

the price is you cant reinforce,operate or transport them any more after their arrival. Anyway, it nearly never happens in a real game

Well, i think thats kinda a bug. I cant reinforce those units even tho they could be defending egypt to death just like the UK corps. And it affects some strategies with France: OK most players just transport french units to UK to defend against Sealion but another option is to defend Egypt/attack Iraq and that latter option is kinda limited by that bug.

U have 2 options also: to evacuate french troops to egypt with enough time to reach Egypt before France surrenders (not very wise cos that way u let France die quickly) or u just transport teh troops via Suez canal (in 2/3 turns before France falls u can transport some units) but with no reinforcement the only good option is to attack Iraq, and thats a gamble, thats why it doesnt happens very often but it somehow limits allied strategy.

Yes, you can see it as a little bug.

But on the other hand you could also say it would be a bug if you could reinforce/operate/transport them: for transports you have only a 20% chance to become Free French. But if you move them via Suez instead, you now have a 100% chance.

So in the end it only evens out the advantage of the Suez transportation.

BTW: if you could liberate France - then you have french mpp - you can spend mpps for them again ;) .

For me a bug is only something the programmer didnt want to work this way AND it unbalances the game/isnt compensated by something else.

But if something is a bug or not, depends on the definition smile.gif .

pzgndr

posted April 19, 2004 12:33 PM

------------------------

Pretty much the same naval system. Two map changes that should help a lot are a bigger Atlantic and a two-way South Atlantic loop for both transports and naval units......So expect the naval war to have a different flavor in SC2. Allies will now have the ability to switch fleets back and forth from Suez and Gibralter and Axis won't quite know for sure where they are.