Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

What happened to all the posts from this afternoon ???(CET)

Dragonheart

Originally posted by Dragonheart:

Any Idea??

Yeah, Madmatt posted it on the CMAK Forum.

Apparently, the quality of posts this morning was not up to the usual high quality standards associated with BFC.

The choice was whether to ban all the people who posted this morning or just erase all the silliness and give everybody another chance.

Hope this helps!

[edited to indicate tongue firmly in cheek] :D

NOT THAT CHEEK!!!!!!!!! Don't EVEN go there! :mad:

[ January 29, 2004, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: Jim Boggs ]

JB

It seems odd to see the words BattleFront Posting and High Standards in the same sentence, doesn't it? :D

Ironically, I thought we had some great posts this morning, sorry they're gone. And I still want to thank you for the kind things you said in that erased entry and assure you the feeling is mutual! smile.gif

Man tell me that you are joking!!!! We had no stupid post here at all!!! Are they grazy??

The shall immediately recover this posts or i will act like lucky zebra!!!!!!! No i have a better idea i tell him that he is not banned anymore and invite him to write some nice treads.

:D

Dragon

Don't be upset with Battle Front, Jim Boggs was just joking, they didn't delete anything, they never do, only lock objectionable posts.

It was something called the MyDoom Virus, it must have gotten in and erased all this mornings posts.

Not only were not any dopey ones, all the ones I read were really interesting.

[ January 29, 2004, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Originally posted by Dragonheart:

Man tell me that you are joking!!!! We had no stupid post here at all!!! Are they grazy??

The shall immediately recover this posts or i will act like lucky zebra!!!!!!! No i have a better idea i tell him that he is not banned anymore and invite him to write some nice treads.

:D

Please re-read post by that nefarious trouble-maker and do-badder Jim Boggs.

Originally posted by Konstantin V. Kotelnikov:

I just figured mine got dumped for being OT. Nothing major as I figured it would. It was fairly clever and humourous.

If you want I can find it again. It's over on the WWII board that I co-moderate.

Really kinda funny, I should move it to another site to preserve it.

Your light bulb post was a Classic! :D

Sorry to see it gone. :(

Originally posted by JerseyJohn:

Dragon

Don't be upset with Battle Front, Jim Boggs was just joking, they didn't delete anything, they never do, only lock objectionable posts.

It was something called the MyDoom Virus, it must have gotten in and erased all this mornings posts.

Not only were not any dopey ones, all the ones I read were really interesting.

No virus, we're clear, but there were some issues with one of the servers which apparently caused some problems with the forums and left a bunch of posts without a proper index, so they might have been lost during maintenance.

Hm, well, ok, I really have no clue what I am talking about but Matt says it's all fixed now so it shall be so... smile.gif

Locking this up, all seems well now, fingers crossed.

Martin