AAR Terif (Axis) vs. Kuniworth (Allies)

Terif

Summary of the last year (June 1940 until June 6, 1941):

- Vichy (1 turn), Sweden (3 turns), Spain (2 turns) and Yugoslavia (2 turns) converted, all 3 minors(Hun,Rom,Bul) joined.

BTW Kuni: speed is not always good - I prefer to need 3 turns in Sweden (with bad luck), but to save a lot of mpps. It´s no problem to take it guaranteed in 2 (or even 1) turns, but it will cost Axis a lot more mpps to do so ;)

- Alexandria taken without resistance, 2 allied corps in Beirut acted as training center for the italian navy and some ground units that are needed later for Irak anyway - until they got destroyed :D .

- Gibraltar corps destroyed, rock occupied

- Bergen retaken

- a UK transport tested the defence of Brest shortly before the attack on Spain and got destroyed by german airfleets.

to be continued...(probably tuesday)

November 16, 1941:

Barbarossa starts...

- Axis declare war upon Portugal, Greece, Iraq and Russia.

- Greece surrenders, Iraq and Portugal surrounded - they should fall next turn.

- UK transport near Brest under attack by a german Lv 2 AF, UK Lv 0 AF intercepting.

Russia:

33 combat units supported by 7 german HQs lead the first strike:

all 9 border armies cut off or destroyed, 2 tanks + 1 AF + 1 cruiser killed, 1 AF damaged.

Now Russia has 7960 mpps to spend.

Germany reveals Jet 2, LR 1 and AT 2.

2nd turn Barbarossa:

- Portugal and Iraq surrender

- Odessa conquered; a lot of russian corps to destroy at Riga, Minsk and Kiev; another russian cruiser sunk

Western Allies attack Brest with 3 AF, 1 Bomber 3 carriers and the Royal Navy. Several army and corps transports outside the french coast.

When the german AF attacks a transport in the axis turn, UK reveals Jets lv 1.

Kuni --- Dude, you're intercepting with RAF no technology against Yoda's +2? Don't do it, that's an instance butchering. It says you have +1 finally, that's still not good. Yoda's generals probably huge experience & AA-bug Regroup the RAF & get some use out of that Russia cash.

Kuni,

You are showing some extra info to Terif with those screenshots: i.e. you show unit strengths of all your units, whereas you do not show (as you might not know for sure) the same for Terif.

(In the screenshot earlier there were even a unit which Terif would not have spotted with his aircrafts, but i suppose you posted that one after the battle was over.)

Originally posted by willebra:

Kuni,

You are showing some extra info to Terif with those screenshots: i.e. you show unit strengths of all your units, whereas you do not show (as you might not know for sure) the same for Terif.

(In the screenshot earlier there were even a unit which Terif would not have spotted with his aircrafts, but i suppose you posted that one after the battle was over.)

The first screenshot was posted after the battle had ended.

@Willebra:

Yes, the first screenshot was some turns after the battle so no problem. In the second one there is no unknown information cause all his damaged units just attacked my units so I already know at which strength they are smile.gif

@Rambo:

Like usual I am not using the AA bonus. There is only one single german AF in France at the moment. It was only for spotting purposes there and normally I would have sent it to Russia too when the invasion started, but having 2 jet levels advantage is a good reason to stay... :D

Anyway, Kuni needs a second front fast and he has total air superiority over Brest so the german air is no real problem at the moment.

Yes, German forces destroy in the counter 4 russian armies, 2 tanks and several corps smile.gif . Russia started with a lot of mpp, but I doubt they can afford around 2000 mpp losses each turn very long... :D .

Western Allies retreat their transports from Brest to bombard it with 4 ships so Axis removes the defender also ;) . New transports near Brussel and Bordeaux (attacked by the german AF without resistance).

Yes, Germany now owns 10 AFs, ~20 armies/tanks and more than 20 corps. AFs and ground units have to be in the right balance to be the most effective smile.gif

Riga and Kiev conquered, 6 russian corps and 2 armies killed in the process, 2 additional corps cut off and reduced to str 1 each.

Russian AFs attacking italians near Iraq.

Western Allies retreat.

may 1942

Allies surrender. After the last turn Russia was severly battered. Of course it would be possible to drag this on but Terif were already to strong initially.

Western allies lacked punch to land in France. I went for tech for UK but unfortunately this maybe were a mistake. I got to AA level 3 but only jets 1.

The turn after April 18, 1942:

Yep, to invest in anti-air was obviously not a good idea for Allies - these mpps would have been better invested in Jets or some AFs. Another victim of the wrong strategy to invest into AA ;) .

In the last turn Germany conquered Minsk and the central russian mine. German tanks reach the area around Leningrad.

Again 2 armies, 1 tank and 4 corps killed in the process. According to the report screen, Axis has now around twice as much units as Allies.

Allies surrender - Axis people celebrating on the streets to win against the russian hordes smile.gif .

Thank you for a good game too, Kuniworth smile.gif