PT II of Archibald (Allies)vs JerseyJohn (Axis)Ryder Cup PBEM Game.

JerseyJohn

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jersey

WHAT HAPPENED, I didn't see one "Stand and Die" order in that entire AAR. You have failed the Fatherland, you have failed the 1000 year Reich, and you have failed Team USA. UNACEPPTABLE!

slides a Luger across the table to you

you know what you must do........

BTW, I challenge you to a PBEM game on the new league. I will show you the proper way to fight as the glorious Fatherland.

Comrade Trapp

[ September 17, 2003, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

Comrade

You've got me confused. I'm sitting here with a Lugar at my temple muttering that I've failed the Fatherland etc & etc . . .. and next thing I know you're challenging me to a game. Should I send my moves through a crystal ball?!

The reason I didn't issue any stand and die orders is because every time my troops stood up they immediately fell down dead -- guess they were showing some sort of initiative.

Of course I accept, do want to make it an AAR?

I've also got two other PBEM games to start now, an experimental idea with Kurt88 as well as one with a new person who's invited me a bit earlier. There are several others in progress, so I'll need a day or two to get things organized.

Poor Eva, I see she's already bitten down on that capsule and is not looking too well.

I've mailed you a slightly altered 1939 Fall Weiss in which Zapp's Lend Lease is incorporated along with several other things. If you like it and want to play the Axis just send your first move. If you'd prefer the Allies, tell me and I'll make the first one. If you want changes in the scenario let me know and we'll work on it; it seemed okay to me for both sides, but I may be wrong.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

[ September 17, 2003, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Also pleased that, unlike some other people, you didn't suggest I blow my brains out!

You are weak, you lack discipline! You could learn something from the Japanese, did they surrender after a few "minor" setbacks?!? NO! It took 2 atomic bombs to take them out, now that shows dedication to a cause.

Comrade Trapp

You're right, they didn't even give up when Godzilla and Mothra and all those other things came time after time after time, knocking everything down, burning Tokyo to the ground, turning Uncle Harry and Aunt Bertha into little flat smears on the sidewalk. Gotta admire that sort of perseverence.

Being a weakling I'd have moved somewhere that wasn't constantly being visited by 400 foot fire breathing monsters, guess I'm kind of odd that way.

"Thank you Suicide Hotline, you're right, it was a crazy idea and I won't do it."

hitler-phone.jpggodzilla.jpg

At Guadalcanal a Japanese colonel offloaded with troops and immediately radioed his commander that he'd achieved his objective, then set out to find it! A few days later both the colonel and his command were wiped out in a Banzai charge. When his HQ recieved no further communications they correctly deduced that both the colonel and his command had been killed and their objective, Henderson Field, was still held by the Americans.

What I really love is the guy who came up with the Kamikazee idea not only survived the war but lived to a prosperous and ripe old age. Originally they thought he took a plane and flew out to sea, killing himself. That's because the last time anyone saw him in 1945 he was dejected and flying off by himself, destination unknown. They still don't know what became of the plane but my guess is he sold it and started his post war business with the proceeds.

[ September 18, 2003, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]