Official New Campaign thread

CvM

Cry Havoc is a difficult scenario indeed. Not for the faint of heart and not for those who have a compulsive need to flatten everything in their path.

You will probably be surprised, as I was, at how much life Germany still had even at the start of 1945. Carl's incorporated a lot of fine ideas here. I recommend it to everyone and especially to anyone who is interested in the last part of the war in Europe.

Great Results from what at first seems an unlikely subject, but it pulls you quickly into events. It has to, as the Germans you haven't got time to linger! smile.gif

pic83.jpg

[ January 02, 2003, 03:07 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CvM

Guess that explains some of the surprising life they had even in 1945! I wouldn't reduce them too much though as they probably were still pretty formidable and Hitler squandered them with his constand "fortress city" nonsense. I liked the cut off units idea, and some of them had a large number of troops -- Army Group Kourland (North), for example, had 40 or so divisions; I believe you represent it as an army which, considering demorilization and desertions and surrenders would seem a pretty good absrtaction.

I guess a good test would be to play the Allies to see how quickly the Reich falls and if it happens in April or March I'd say the play balance is okay as is. Anyway, eager to see what you've got in mind.

CvM --

A World War I scenario isn't too far fetched except for the stronger tanks and more advanced planes and ACs and Rockets and Radar and Sonar and -- okay, I'll say it, you're nuts! :D

Perhaps WW I in last year or two might work if tanks and planes were L=0 and infantry were L=5. The British probably could have built an Aircraft Carrier the last year; they were considering a Taranto type aeroplane raid on Whilhemshaven as the war was coming to an end. I believe they were also developing torpedo planes but I'm not certain.

What happened to Cry-Havoc V-2? V-1 is very promising.

Interested in whatever you come up with on both scenarios.

[ January 05, 2003, 05:10 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

CvM:

Have a question about your Gathering Storm campaign... Was just taking a look at it... Are there any house rules that should be observed? It would be oh so easy to have a big mess in 1938 and either crush the Germans there or have them owning the continent by the begining for 1940...

Originally posted by Carl Von Mannerheim:

Some of the things I can say off hand are things like:

NO operating Allied Spanish Units to France

NO Allied DoW on Low countries

Other than that, what else do you have in mind?

cVm

SHould there be restrictions on French unit formation or a start date on when hostilities can break out in Poland? How about a restriction on Allied units operating TO spain before the outbreak of general hostilities in in the west in 1940?

I'll tell you one thing that would be great for SC 2 would be some kind of scripting language...

[ January 05, 2003, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Compassion ]

• 2 weeks later...