Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Alleged Weak AI in the Med (allied perspective)

BriantheWise

Ok, this is a bit of a recap of my early strategy and how it worked against +2 axis, 1.0, and how it doesn't work against +2 axis, 1.3.

In Brief:

France fights alone, Britain invests entirely in research, the joint navies get rid of the two Uboats, scream down to the Med, and fight, France navy leading the way, the Italian navy.

I have time to lose my french navy doing a kamikaze, with the British (the whole navy, aircraft carriers included), finishing up the Italian navy. France falls, and as the Axis then go after Vichy, then Spain and Gibralter, I vacate the entire Med: All British, new Free French, and newly allied Vichy french (including the two new fleets I get - I think that's a bug, actually. If i used them up in the first round, they shouldn't come back in the second, but that's another story).

In 1.0 version, I was safe to do this. In 1.3 version, where I am getting crushed, the Italians landed units everywhere: Malta, Egypt, Tunisia, and moving up to Casablanca.

I was very surprised! To say the least. Can't do that anymore. And mad (darned smart AI - don't fight if there is resistance, but if there isn't, take the freebees).

As an aside, for the Brits, I buy nothing, just research, and even after maxed on this, I wait until the industrial is maxed or I can begin to invade with the help of U.S.

Just thoughts, but I think, with the scale of the map as it is, the Med AI is just fine. AI landing in England, etc, is another story, but I think this is a major challenging game. Can't wait to try my hand at playing the "experts">Smile, Taunt,