Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Strategic Command works under Linux

Wako

With WineX2.01 ... sort of. It is completely playable in a window, although empty text boxes pop up, although that is seen on Windows too.

I think this game could be completely playable in Linux when it finally comes out, which would be nice since there are few enough games that work on Linux for this to be a reason for Linux users to buy it.

Note:

In fullscreen mode the game freaks out when when doing dialog boxes and the screen refreshes, causing the screen to jump up the monitor, which over the course of several dialog boxes causes too much of the screen to be non-visable to continue playing (which necessitates saving and restarting).

I was able to run SC on linux with WineX too. My only problems were no sound, no text in the pop-up dialogs, and the WineX window was a little small for SC. I think I couldn't see anything below the first line of the country MPP info. I was kind of surprised that it worked as well as it did.

Hubert, you should check out Xconq at http://sources.redhat.com/xconq/. There are open source code routines which may be applicable to SC, and perhaps some routines from SC you might consider contributing to Xconq. I could see porting a version of SC to Xconq with some work, particularly with the addition of a political model and declarations of war. Perhaps something for you to consider doing with your "spare" time after SC is finally released. ;)