invade Europe in 1942 (but yes US entry was 3 months

earlier than historical). Of course I managed to

push their uncoordinated landings back into the sea

(here's a free hint: land some HQs!), but it just

struck me as odd that they had enough units to attempt

it in '42, when of course they don't in the '42

campaign. >shrug<

John DiFool

Absolutely. This game is amazing, arguably the best ww2 grand strategy game ever.

The battles in Russia are epic. Completely engrossing.

But if this game has one flaw it's those comical D-day landings. They just keep on sending in 3-4 armies at a time, always giving the germans plenty of time to fortify between waves.

It amounts to little more than a nuissance. Maybe it should be an option like the Yogoslav partisans?

'Annoying D-Day Landings [x]'

You could always play against a human opponent... THough I do see your point that it can be annoying when the AI seems relatively smart in other areas. I've played AI games like the one you mention, but I've also had the Allies wait in britian until they had a good force and plenty of aircover and then pound into France.

Actually just finished another game and it's true -- the AI can do much better when it holds Britain. Massive and effective air strikes and it actually took Brest for some time. (Expert, +1).

But man oh man I can't wait for TCP/IP!!! I think actually the game would have gotten better reviews if it had shipped with network play. The biggest problem that Gamespot found was the AI, and with humans to play against it's really not such an issue.

Look at Sudden Strike. Amazing multiplayer tactical, but god-awful, practically non-existant AI. Nobody cared because they were too busy slugging it out online.

Um, getting way off topic.