USSR Entry: Random or Neutral?

Originally posted by Uros:

Hello everyone !

I have a question about this random events .

Does this mean that Yugoslavia will always join the Alies and Romania , Bulgaria and Hungary the Axis on both Random and Historical settings ?

I hope this is not the case beacause as we all know some countries could join either side ( as seen in in High Command smile.gif )

- On historical, they will always join the historical side at the historical date.

- On neutral, they will stay neutral until attacked.

- On random, they will join the historical side depending on the circumstances. They will maybe join earlier, or not join at all. They will *never* join the "other" side. Some historically neutral nations like Spain and Turkey may join the Axis under certain conditions

Straha

Carl, I think you touched on one of the problems. Magenheimer devotes a huge amount of thought and space in his book to a somewhat thin argument. IIRC He suggests Germany went to war for defensive reasons. He argues, as you mention that Soviet plans were afoot and Germany simply took the pre-emtive measure. IE Attack is the best form of defence. This is rubbish, again as mentioned, every state forms plans for war, the USA had a case plan, I forget its name, for war with the UK in the '30s. Does this suggest war between us was likely? He totally dissmisses Hitlers ideology. Its almost like he's talking about a democratic state, pragmatically making reasonable, logical plans.

Keep reading thought mate, it does get better, and credit where its due, he's gathered alot of data at least.