It says Unreadable or corrupt file, anyone have any ideas?

milkit

Someone sent me a game and I saved it into my campaign folder but when I try to load it, it says Unreadable or corrupt file. I cannot open it in the editor either.

The person said he played another person with the same mod and it worked just fine.

I think this happened to me a long time ago when I tried to play someone in PBEM and so I havent played since, anyone have any ideas what is wrong?

Save files for some reason tend to become corrupted every now and again, I've had it happen in many games and I doubt you'll fix this. My suggestion is you go back a turn and try that one, or a turn before that if no good. Good luck

Originally posted by Friendly Fire:

Hi Liam, the file is question is a campaign file, not a save gave file. I sent it to Adam but he says he can't load it in the editor. But other people I sent it to at the same time had no problem.

Adam, you can load other files into the campaign editor with no trouble??

This is very strange, where did you get this file from? You may have a different version? Or the Campaign file in particular may be a different version, I don't know SC foreign releases well enough to tell you if that would make a difference. I would definitely be a bit suspicious of this file and not bother with it! You probably can reinstall Strategic Command by the time you go through all this, unless this is a special mod from on-line if so what version is this Mod for and what Version of SC are you running?