Allied units surrendering

Hueristic

OK Why does my Fighter group i operate out of poland surrender when it's sitting in London? Do they grab a boat and head back? smile.gif

Why when Paris Gets taken And i hold Brussels(AS British soil even). Do all the french armies in low lands Surrender? I know the rule is Lands the allies start with but It makes no Sense.

Or how about this I own lowlands with the french and have a fortified Army in Brussels I lose Paris the Unit Disapears but the city turns Free French! That is just WRONG! sorry but it is. This should be corrected If France holds another country the Cap should move As per other Countries.

You see the title of your post? It is the answer to your question.

These ARE the French you are talking about. They will surrender to an old woman weilding a loaf of bread if the wind is blowing from the proper direction.

They collaborate with their occupiers, then claim to be a member of the underground when they are liberated!

Lucky Pierre, I say "Boo!" to you. I don't like their surrender habits either, but what are you going to do?

To operate the Polish Air Unit to the UK - How should that be possible? through Russia - in alliance with Germany or through Hungary that would reallly piss the germans off or through Romania a possible ally to Hitler - It seems to be a very gamey task to undertake and it should have been impossible in the programming or take two turns or more to reflect the huge obsltacles to get around the German influence sphere. The end result that they *dissappear* when Poland surrender is the best possible solution in my humble opinion :)

Hans-Micael

I agree that the Polish Air Force, when relocated to Britain should not surrender, especially considering the number of Polish pilots that flew to France then later to Britain to continue the fight.

As for the French troops in Belgium there is a simple explanation.....its called..Obeying to the orders of their Government . It is a lot harder for units so close to their country to seriously consider mass disobediance than for far away Colonial units or Garrison.

And that crack about the "surrendering to any old woman with a lof of bread" hurts...would it not also apply to one General Sharp on Mindanao after all surrendering a fully supplied and attouched corp of more that 30000 troops to "a radio broadcast" . he didnt even neede an old lady.

:rolleyes:

These ARE the French you are talking about. They will surrender to an old woman weilding a loaf of bread if the wind is blowing from the proper direction.
LMAO ;)

To operate the Polish Air Unit to the UK - How should that be possible?
O it is I did it. Cost me 50 MPP's GRR

I agree that the Polish Air Force, when relocated to Britain should not surrender, especially considering the number of Polish pilots that flew to France then later to Britain to continue the fight.

Dammit now that u mention it I've heard that before!

As for the French troops in Belgium there is a simple explanation.....its called..Obeying to the orders of their Government
But seriously NOT when they even Have a HQ attached! :eek:

As originally posted by Andre Bolkonsky:

They collaborate with their occupiers, then claim to be a member of the underground when they are liberated!

Some did, undoubtedly. Some didn't, and often would't talk about it, which is quite normal, and so, are enviable and genuine heroes. :cool:

Most were trying to simply survive, and so it is probably best not to suspect motives -- after the fact. My understanding is that French people are equally as courageous as Germans or Americans, etc.

Hard to know who did what, given the terrifically sparse and anecdotal evidence. As we surely know, there cannot be many absolute FACTS, given that we are mostly relying on someone else's assertions. Memory is ALWAYS falsely reconstructed... even after days, let alone years or decades.

Besides, no-one, you and I included, KNOW what we would do in a dire, do-or-die situation, unless we must face it ourselves (... although, Reincarnation is possible and never dis-proved as non-sense, nope, never, never... verstehen sie?) and existing under extremely harrowing stress, yes?

Life ain't usually any delightful Casablanca and sure, you bet! We all imagine ourselves to be rough tough American Rik who could charm the Scandinavian gleam right off ol' Ilsa's glamorous face!

And, seemingly at ease, whip the ( commonly summoned, O yea, ever... )Destroyer Demons with one fist tied behind the back... ;)