Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

AAR : Rambo (Axis) vs Zapp (Allies 350:3500)

jon_j_rambo

I gambled bad last game w/ "Ardenne's Gambit". It's risky, but the Poland not surrender was ballgame.

NEW GAME:

Sept '39 -

1) I come in strong this time against Poland, use one Luftwaffen to break the front line. German forces positioned for Warsaw on turn #2. It's fun to try new stuff, but I want Poland out quickly. Using the extra air, may prohibit turn #2 LC attack. I'm thing whether I'll do that or wait until turn #3.

2) Subs raid

3) Western units position, but only 2-Luftwaffen

4) Denmark pinged.

Oct '39 [turn #2] -

1) Polish are pounded. HQ takes Warsaw, there won't being any crap this game. Poland surrenders, that is good! Something is strange w/ the surrender rules.

2) In the West, all is quiet, except for a Luftwaffen air raid on the French mine.

3) Denmark pinged

4) subs run

5) Irish reinforced

Novemeber '39 [turn #3]-

1) LC got mowed over like the yard. Nothing but dead clippings.

2) With the good ground combat against Brussels, along with no RAF in site, Panzer units push West. We do NOT attack the Ardennes this time, that can be a bitch sometimes, like last game. Double Panzers plus 1-Luftwaffen reduce the Frenc Army to strength-2 in the "First Blood" hex.

3) subs are done

4) Denmark pinged

5) Operanded every swing Nazi from Poland.

March '40 -

1) Western Ardennes attacked 3-directional, one Army of mine down to strength-4, out of position. I had to get the kill. 2-Luftwaffen used in this turn are intercepted by the RAF. So I conduct a Luftwaffen attack on the RAF. Lets see if he sticks around.

2) Denmark pinged & finally they surrendering. Ships got a little experience, & now I have the cash to fix some of my 4-Luftwaffen units.

August '40 -

Zapp is throwing everything at me. 3rd RAF fighter on the scene & the carriers have moved into the channel. He's minus 6-ships, so as usually, it's air.

Luftwaffen is moved to the South, out of direct attack range of the UK, but able to hit Paris & intercept the ground.

Italians take Malta & are moving on Egypt. The also have Southern France.

Read the new topic on "AA INTERCEPTION BUG". You were right Rambo, there was something strange. By the way, I did not know about it when we played. I tested it in a Hotseat after our game (with FOW off so I could confirm the results easily).

[ November 16, 2003, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]