Español

nosepo

Or hopefully going to make a version of SC to do the Spanish Civil War. smile.gif

I think it could be done, with room for at least the major political groups on both sides and foreign intervention.

The only difference I'd probably make to the programming of SC would be on resource distribution.

For example, a Republican held city like Barcelona or Madrid would probably be providing support to most or all of the political factions on the Republican side, whereas at the moment all the MPPs of a resource are given to only one recipient.

So, of it's 20 MPPs, maybe 5 might go to the UGT, 5 to the CNT, 5 to the regular army, and the rest to the smaller parties (this is just a purely hypothetical example of what I'm thinking of, and it's probably all academic anyway).

Though as Hubert lists politics as one of his interests this might interest him too?

Here's hoping anyway...

Hi Guys,Im spanish and the idea to make a SC about the Spanish Civil War is very interesting but difficult to carry on.

There were too much factors that decided the war, and those factors(under my point of view of course smile.gif ) dont work with the structure of SC.

Bill 101, to give you an single example:

At the beginnnig of the war, The Republic had all the most importants cities and their resources( mines, industrial,fleet and people) and He lost the war :(

Hi Oliva

I don't think that's insuperable. One side starts off with well organised and disciplined regular troops, backed up by para-military forces, the other starts off with para-military forces backed up by regular troops.

Having more resources at the beginning wouldn't guarantee victory to the Republic, just as in SC in the 1939 scenario Germany's MPP income per turn is far less than the UK and France's put together, but Germany still manages to conquer France 99% of the time.

Thus I see it as a battle starting in 1936 with good forces but few resources on one side, against large but inferior forces with good resources on the other.

Franco's rebels will have to be aggressive and move quickly to seize resources. If they fail to do that then the Republicans will have time to increase the quality and strength of their forces.

So, one thing that would need to be taken into account more is the quality of troops and their equipment. A tech research for Infantry weapons or similar could do it, with the regulars starting on a higher level than the militias.