Free French Navy question

Gen.Metaxas

I must have played 50 allied games but have never recieved any Free French Navy even if they were in English Ports.

When the AI is allied he seems to get Free French Navy as often as not.

Can anybody clarify any special rules that increase the likely hood of this occuring.

Thanks

Gen.Metaxas

You get a reduced chance at higher game settings, which may be what's happening unless you just have terrible luck. And playing as Axis on higher game settings, you'll see Britain getting Free French all the time.

Since Hubert has indicated that the Free French option should be on for play balance, maybe it's time to talk about this again. There's a gamey strategy of moving French units to Britain prior to surrender and then keeping them as Free French later. Because of this, I was inclined to not use the option. Should we just have a flat chance for certain type French units, or all French units anywhere, regardless of game settings?

What about a flat 20% chance for air/naval units anywhere, and 20% chance for French ground units in Algeria and Syria? That would eliminate any incentive to move French units to Britain and provide a chance that the French colonies become Free French. If game settings will continue to affect these chances, let them be more subtle like +/- 5% for each level and still provide a 10% chance at Expert of receiving Free French as the Allied player. Any other ideas?

Great suggestion and thanks for the feedback.

For the last two months I was playing against the AI at expert, +1 or +2 which explains my reduced chances. Now I am playing 4 PBEM games and was wondering what the chances were going to be for free french Navy.

Thanks Again

Gen.Metaxas

PS: I think Free French teritories in Africa would add more game play in the Medeterenian and require additional contingent planning with this added probability.

One more thing and It's probably mentioned somewere else.

In addition to adding a different mechanism to ship troops to alexandria by England, How about adding an option for Germany of not accepting a Viche France state at a risk of increasing US and Russian War Readiness. France would have to continue to fight but move their capital to another city and if that was captured all french territory would surrender.

Any Opinions?

Gen.Metaxas

Originally posted by Gen.Metaxas:

One more thing and It's probably mentioned somewere else.

In addition to adding a different mechanism to ship troops to alexandria by England, How about adding an option for Germany of not accepting a Viche France state at a risk of increasing US and Russian War Readiness. France would have to continue to fight but move their capital to another city and if that was captured all french territory would surrender.

Any Opinions?

Gen.Metaxas

I like the idea of having a choice of accepting Vichy or not. If not then there is an increased chance of USA/Russia joining earlier. France can move its capitol and fight on. When France does finally surrender after this then the french colonies should randomly go German occupied/Free French/Neutral. A check for each one.