Allies attack Denmark on turn 1????

Curry

If more experienced players could answer this question. SHould the allies attack Denmark on the first turn if the axis does not? I am playing a game in which I am the allies and did attack Denmark on Turn one when the axis didnt. My thinking was that it deprived the axis of the plunder and also the experience for his ships. But was it foolish in that it put back the USA readiness?

As the Allies do not DOW against Denmark if Axis doesn't on the first turn. You're rarely going to have the chance, but it's stupid. Yes, you deprive the Axis the plunder, but you did give them a corp & saved them time. 3-turns of ship experience is insignificant.

An Allied seaside invasion of Denmark anytime is a bad idea for one reason: no ports, no supply. Your units would quickly run out of supplies and since theres no ports there would be no way for you to evacuate. All the Germans would have to do is wait for you to run out of supplies then attack, gaining experience for their airfleets and ground units. Lest we forget, the German Navy, assisted by the Luftwaffe, would engage any RN ships or transports around Denmark and chances are they would come out on top.

All in all you would gain nothing by declaring war on or invadeing Denamrk.

Comrade Trapp

[ July 31, 2003, 02:40 AM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]