WHY!?!

Hueristic

Originally posted by Iron Ranger:

Which units? Hard to see with the pictures on top of each other.

Your right. Looked better in the editor. corp and army in the north corp in the south. The Corp in the northern Polish city is the important one. There's 6 Hq's with 25 units. None are under the cut shots. there is a cut shot off to the side of each hq and it's attached units. I'll see if i can make a better picture tomorrow. Little beat to do it tonight smile.gif

Corp in the northern Polish city is the important one
Its because the two HQs within range (5) to this unit have the max number of supporting units (5) closer then this corp.

This first 'rule' in the HQ support algerrithm (sp) is supporting the closest unit first. Next I think is a check on the MPPs value of the units at equal distance and supporting the more expensive unit next (your army to the east in this case).

Hope this helps

I can't see the corps your talking about but MTs, Swamps ect (hexs) effect the distance the same as movement. Also there is a slight bug consering how the HQ picks its path (see tech section and a post by me).

This is somewhat a guess but after 200+ games I think I can state the above without a problem.

[ August 02, 2003, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Iron Ranger ]