Proving Grounds

Thanks all for the concern. The site will be back, I was hoping for today but it may be a little later in the week. Semi-intricate story, but basically my webhost (client and friend) is moving the site to a server that isn't his primary E-commerce server. Seems that the traffic to the Proving Grounds was bogging down the current server a bit. He's fine with the traffic, but he just wants to get it onto a server that isn't a critical business server for his other clients. Since the hosting is free, I can't really complain about the time-frame that it's taking to get it moved over. He says he will try and get to it this week though. Fingers crossed, I have big plans for it as well!

Seems that the traffic to the Proving Grounds was bogging down the current server a bit. He's fine with the traffic, but he just wants to get it onto a server that isn't a critical business server
Nice to know that the site is getting the traffic hits :cool:

.... More importantly ....we wouldnt want his e-commerce stuff bogging down the Proving Grounds :D

Cant blame him for moving it ... looking forward to it's return !

Here is a recent AAR from an opponent found on the Proving Grounds...... War Diaries

Yeah I know it's a BB AAR and this is the BO forum ;)

Well, I've registered a new domain for the site, it is www.the-proving-grounds.com

(it isn't deployed yet, so no need in clicking on that link).

I may have to rewrite the site in either PHP or Cold Fusion, whichever I feel the current code will best adapt to as it looks like the server that he's wanting to move me to doesn't support WebDNA (what it's currently written in). Shouldn't be too difficult, but it may delay the relaunch for another week or two. That and it looks like I'll have to start paying a nominal hosting fee. No biggie, it's something that I want to do for the community and I will probably have a PayPal link on the site for those that may feel that it's worth putting a couple of bucks into to keep it going.

Good news is that since I'll be paying for it, scenario uploads (the original concept of the site) for "unproven" scenarios will become a reality as well as support for extensive AAR's. I'm excited! smile.gif

Originally posted by lcm1947:

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Says who? :D

----> I know from experience :D

I'll be happy to put up some money since I'm hoping to use it alot. Let us know where and when.

We'll do. I'll have an "unofficial - official" relaunch party announcement when the time has come. Should be fun.

All of my fat drunk and stupid friends are happy, while the skinny, sober and smart ones are perpetually depressed and have complicated lives. I am now working very hard to join the former, after a life in complete misery with the latter.

It is never too late. You too can be saved.

Regards

Dandelion