SC Strategies & other issues

So I'd like to discuss two issues here.

1st: Is it in any way worth it as Axis to not declare war on Spain, Vichy and Sweden? They all increase USA readiness by a large amount (as well as USSR). Isn't the bottom line in favour of the Axis NOT declaring war before the USA is in?

2nd: I just read on CNN that White family households on average have assets worth 88,000$. The average Hispanic owns 11 times less, and the average Black, 14 times less. Those 2 minorities make up almost 40% of the US population. How can the gap still be so large? Haven't the last 50 years of civil rights' protesting led to an increase in equality of salaries and such? IMO, I think these statistics are quite embarrasing for the USA. It seems like nothing has changed since 1860.

No time to discuss here;

1. No, they bring yp scandinavian and african MMP.

2. This is a world wide phenomena and a part of the capitalistic system. In every society says Marx, since the beginning of the time the economic system divides the population into classes.

You could from a marxist perspective say that the discrimination of ethnic groups is necessary to create an underclass within the working class. Racism is thus a necessary phenomena to control workers by creating a "new" underclass and point focus on.

I'm not saying this is correct but it's one way to look at it.

Personally I think USA needs stronger unions and a more progressive tax-system to create a decent welfare-system for everyone. Unfortunately the Bush administration has successfully cut people's health-insurance. That will hurt the poor ethnic groups the most.

Another world is possible Avatar. Built on solidarity and equality. Not survival of the fittest.

1. But you save ~12 turns on USA not being in the war (~2160mpp), as well as USSR's ~3 turns (~1500mpp), so that's ~3600mpp. As Germany, it seems like it could be an alternate strategy to delay those DoW's until USA declares war.

2. You can't really group all White families as being from the same 'class'. What I meant, was that overall, we see a huge disparity in wealth overall between racial groups. Although not a 'new' phenomenon, I feel that if the trend continues, the USA (#1 super power) will become in a way, 2 countries, one living inside another. 1 being the White USA, and the other being Everyone Else USA.

1. Indeed you save 12 and respectively 3 turns with the respective mpps, but you have to think first to what extent the decrease in axis MPPs will make barbarossa more difficult (think that you will not benefit also of the plunders fro the 3 countries mentioned which amount to approx 800 -900 MPPs for Germany) ... any army/tank/af that manages to escape the german initial strike, mean additional MPPs for russia.

If the barbarossa fails to destroy some of the targets located on/near the border, it could offset those 3 turns delayed entry for russia.

As for US, hmmm...indeed 2k+ MPPs are a lot, but i tend to consider russia the biggest threat, not the allies.

some calculations:

allied mpp loss over 12 turns: approx 3.6k

axis mpp loss over 12 turns = (66+56)*12 + 825 (missed plunder) = almost 2.3k

regardles the 'mpp war' we have to consider if axis is able to divert enough forces to capture those 3 countries (think especially about iraq - difficult to get if u don't have syria) AND deliver the usual powerful blow to USSR.

[ October 20, 2004, 06:14 AM: Message edited by: cosmin ]