No siberian transfer: bug or feature?

daringly

I've noticed that most PBEM opponents focus their attacks against Russia's south. As long as they don't get close to Moscow, the Siberian reinforcements never come - even if Russia is getting slaughtered while Panzer units race to the Urals.

Would play balance be better served, if the Siberians transfer one year after war starts? (unless called in earlier due to Moscow being threatened)

It's no wonder that axis players avoid Moscow until the rest of Russia is conquered.

Yeah, I was quite surprised one game when I landed an HQ and some units in Finland to assist in the defense. Instead, I decided to attack and come down on Moscow from the north.

I think it was early 42 when Russia shipped in their Siberian army, and pushed my forces all the way back and captured Finland. I was only able to save my HQ. Had I known that threatening Moscow so early would have brought in their additional units I never would have done so.

Yup, I really think their need to be some tweaking done with the siberian reinforcements. Due to the inclusion of HQs they can really turn the tide in Russia, and should definetly have more triggers than just getting close to Moscow... btw does anyone know what exactly the triggers are?

Hubert?

Originally posted by Flashblade:

Yup, I really think their need to be some tweaking done with the siberian reinforcements. Due to the inclusion of HQs they can really turn the tide in Russia, and should definetly have more triggers than just getting close to Moscow... btw does anyone know what exactly the triggers are?

Hubert?

Moscow is the key but there are a few other cities that can act as triggers as well but not weighted as strongly as the Capital. There was a mention of including Stalingrad, it actually is included but a tweak is probably in order to have it weighted a bit more. I'll keep you guys posted!

Hubert