bug encountered

Norse

I was playing the demo, and the game stopped.

I am sorry but I didn't save, I should have done that so I could send you the save-game.

I'll try to tell as much as I can as to what led up to the game-stop.

The game settings were on the easiest, no ai experience bonus (I know, Im cheap :D ). I conquered the Low Countries on the first turn, and took France a couple turns after that, Italy joined on the last turn France lived.

I had by then bought 2 german Headquarters, and I operated as much as possible to the USSR border. The MPP's I spent on a three more tank groups (I think, 3 it was), and the rest went to reinforce my units. I declared war on USSR in october 1940, and moved in with all the german units that I had. I left *no* units in France, all out against USSR.

With Italy I sent two armies and a corps towards the Yoguslavian border, bought a HQ, and bought another army and waited on Yogu to join the war (it never did). With the fleet I hunted down the UK fleet in the med, the sub kept disturbing the UK convoy in the med.

In Norway, I sent the corps in Bergen towards Oslo. Then UK transported an army and took Bergen, and placed it's carrier in the Bergen port.

Finland and Buglaria joined the game.

I was fighting it out in USSR and it was January 1941, USSR did it's thing and bought two or three corps. Then it said "purchasing...", and the mouse pointer remained as a timeglass, nothing more happened. Since USSR already bought it's things, then I think it was UK who had troubles (USA stance was neutral). I could be wrong on this though. The front in USSR had completely broken down for both of us, I sent in tanks and corps everywhere to threaten ussr to capture cities and other resources from ussr, so ussr hadto divert forces to try to make pockets everywhere, and he had cut off some of my units that probed in really deep on his soil.

I tried to take a screenshot of what I saw, but it wouldn't let me paste it into Paint shop pro, and when I tried to go back to the game to take another screenshot, then it wouldn't let me as the game wasn't responding.

I noticed the game had 2 processes going. One was called SC or Strategic Command, the other was called "Question box".

I can try to make this happen again by doing the same moves as I did in this game, and keep saving and hope that it encounters the same problem again so you can have a better look at it.

You know much better than me what can have happened here, but my guess is that the computer went into an infinite loop, where it couldn't decide on what to buy and what to do next. Windows never made a message about the game not responding, until after I hit ctrl+alt+del and choose to kill it that is.

Anyway, your game is OUTSTANDING!! Keep up the good work Hubert :D

~Norse~

The OS was Windows2000, Celeron1200Mhz, 256MB, 2 harddisks striped together as C: where the game was located, and about 15gb on E: where the system files are located (not striped, u know it cannot be), nvidia2 gts (the european version). Do you need a full report of my system? I can get one of thoose utils to make a complete system report if you need that.

Hm, I was using Refreshlock to keep the hertz setting at 100Hertz, at 1024*798 resolution, 19" monitor. Don't know if that can have anything to do with it. ? Hm, Im also using NVtweak program to get the nvidia card to behave as I want it to. I didn't overclock it though. Dunno, tell me what you need to know, anything I can do just tell me. I'll try to redo the game and save at every turn now.

~Norse~

Hi Norse,

Thanks for your bug description. I think it is the game in this case and not your system and most likely an indefinite loop as you've correctly guessed. I am going to take a look at it and hopefully have it resolved in the next day or two.

Btw glad to hear you are enjoying the new demo,

Hubert