AAR Super Duper Bout and Duel

Curry

It's Curry verses Curry in a Hot seat game.

Curry lets Curry have the axis for a Bid of 1000!

Turn One Curry fails to ping the Danish unit in Copenhagen! No damage to the corps at all. Oh, bad die roll, Curry resigns.

But what a super Duper Bout and Duel!

:D:D:D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Announcing: SUPER BOUT # 2

SeaMonkey vs AI in Fall Weiss default NO BID.

Fire up the game on beginner -2 exp to AI FOW off.

Man its hot outside (December in CC Tx) I need a beer! WHAT no beer!

SeaMonkey surrenders due to dehydration, mouse finger twitching violently.

JerseyJohn challenges JerseyJohn to a hotseat game.

Both parties do such an excellent job hiding that the game is placed on indefinite hold.

"The Mole spends it's whole life burrowing in the darkness. When it emerges into the sunlight it is blinded and withdraws."

-- Long Forgotten Introduction to the Long Forgotten Movie El Topo.

Superbout #3...

Konstantin vs. The Voices in his Head.

7500 bid.

Warsaw Falls, Polish units run for the russian border to hide. Where have I seen that tactic before?

France builds 60 corps and begins sending them off to Britian and it's colonies.

Britian declares war on countries with only one corps. Ireland, Iraq, Portugal. And they build a bucket load of carriers.

Germany researchs rockets, Sonar and Tang.

Oh my, it's going to be an interesting war.

Sitzkrieg anyone?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ...

Polish corps runs for the Russian border -- ah, nostalgia! I thought for sure he'd hang around and add a few more 9's to things. Shows how wrong I can be sometimes.

Sounds like your game has reached the greatest level of intensity so far.

This could become bloody -- especially if the sitzkrieg lasts too long and causes ... uh, on with the game! tongue.gif

WOW! A third great AAR and all in the same thread. This AAR thread will go down as one of the all time greats in the anals of SC competition, congratulations to the participants. Say JJ,...do you think you could come up with a reward, statue,...a tribute or something to the anals.

Well, I've muttered that forbidden name, it just sort of happened. Anyway, I think it's a fitting tribute to my friends lasting love for, of and with mountain goats.

And now, of all the cruel fates, a customer has arrived with a job, and it's off to work.

Been fun,

-- Till Later, Tally-Ho! :D

Turn 2: Germany ignores all the polish corps hiding along the russian border. Ops everything and the kitchen sink to the western front.

Gets to level 1 sonar! I knew putting five points in it would pay off too!

France immediately disbands all the corps it can and builds a sub.

Polish troops liberate Warsaw and capture Konigsburg. Double D'oh.

Britian, confused by the actions of France stands gawking across the channel. RAF strafes the rolling hills of ireland.

Ireland declares potatoe (DQ spelling) famine and deals with it. Portugal finalizes plans for the invasion of the US.

Turn 2 was way exciting. Can't wait for turn 3.

Didn't some great patriot once warn of a Portuguese invasion?

I had a Portuguese uncle when I was a kid, didn't understand why they used to call him boom-boom till after he was dead. He who lives by the boom-boom perishes by the boom-boom! Anyway, they said it was quick and he didn't look that bad in the box.

Shall check back later, oh cruel fate, this one needs his nonsense done by midnight.

Turn 3:

Germany concerned over the growing might of the polish military, ops everything to the eastern front to crush the polish menace once and far all.

Realizing that the Kriegsmarine was a waste of MPP they scrap the Cruisers and the U-Boat and build a rocket. Far more useful when dealing with the might of Polish Militarism.

France confused by the Military climate of Europe sends it's sub off to raid the Atlantic. Only to find a total lack of german shipping. They promptly sink a Guatamalan Tugboat and claim victory. "It was a boshe ship, it had a G in it".

Portugal fumes over the inability to invade the US since they don't have a port. They can't even invade North Africa and take the port there. So they plan on driving through Spain and capturing Marsielles in southern france.

Britian resigns itself to the fact that it's allies are silly and need a good talking too. RAF continues strafing of Irish potatoe farms and bombs the Guiness Brewery.

Polish troops continue their rampage in East Prussia, sacking the country and seizing all it's septic tanks. (Bad Joke) Continually looking to improve Polish Subs with the addition of screen doors. (Bad Joke #2)

The world at war is a scary thing.

Superboot #4

Dragonheart (former Zappleagueplayer) aka Königstiger (Panzerliga) ag Königstiger aka Dragonheart......no bid, no rules, battle for honor....

two generations clash.....

Game is suspended after 5 turns as Dragonheart accused Königstiger as cheater using MPP creator module......enabled him to buy 10 axis carrier within 5 rounds....

But the odd thing for Königstiger is...how could Dragonheart find out that he has bought 10 carriers???

The simple answer is Dragonheart was using his FOG-Sniffer tool.....

Well both parties agreed that it is a draw.

ROFL :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Another one tongue.gif

SuperDuperBout #5

Rematch between Dragonheart aka Königstiger ag Königstiger aka Dragonheart.....

Best of 5

Game#1 Dragonheart (axis) surrenderd in round one as his first unit did only 2 damage on the polish army... :eek:

Game#2 Königstiger (axis) surrendered in round one as his cruisers did not damage on the danish corps :rolleyes:

Game#3 Königstiger (allied) surrendered in round one as he did not find the subs in round one :D

Game#4 Dragonheart (allied) surrendered in round 2 as Königstiger got LC without loosing one airstrenghpoint

Game#5 Dragonheart (axis) surrendered in round 1 as Königstiger declared war on Irland :confused:

3:2 for Königstiger

ROFL

New record set....five games within 1 hour.... :eek: :D

Turn 4:

Germany launchs an all out offensive against the Polish army. Crushing septic tanks and knocking on screen doors the Germans meet some success. Three armies and two panzers crush a lost and lonely polish corps advancing on Berlin.

Hitler delivers his; "phew that was close" speech to an enraptured and enslaved audience.

Great rejoicing in the Streets of major german population centers. Sonar Level 2 Has been reached.

The German rocket gets lost on way to Poland and ends up provoking a military response from Denmark. Who England had forgot only had one corps when british were busy declaring war on countries with only one corps. (England also forgot about the Baltic States. More on that later.)

The french sub shows up off the US coast asking for directions to Quebec. A startled FDR points each arm in opposite directions and says; "It's thataway."

The danish military response was swift and decisive. They retreated to Copenhagen and locked the doors. Proclaiming that should keep the germans out.

Poland found Germanys offensive very offensive. They immediately retreat to the Russian border. Hey it worked once.

Britian lands three armies and a tank unit in Northern Ireland. Then proceeds to march on Dublin. RAF apologizes for bombing the Guiniess Brewery by hoisting a pint or two.

Portugals drive through Spain into southern France stalls when the Portuguese stop to argue about who's turn it is to pay for gas. Quickly several of them die from eatting bad burritos at a Spanish Quickiemart.

In Portugal proper they raise a huge sign outside of Lisbon that says; "Please Place a Port Here!"

Turn 4 was exciting. But alas, it was too much for today. Maybe more tomorrow if the voices would quit cheating and get on with the game. They spend an hour or two renaming all the units each turn. And it's never very creative. Usually something stupid like "Ship 1" or "Corps 7".

Stupid voices.

Sneaked away from the job to see what's been transpiring here ...

Konstantin

Very glad that someone has finally had the gumption to place the blame for that terrible war where it deserves to be -- on Poland! Why, the nerve of them crossing the border to capture the Fuhrer's favorite radio station WNUTS!

Finally an end to Polish Militarism. They're sleeping more soundly at Vladivostok tonight!

Dragon

What can I say, you've reached entirely new frontiers and crossed over into uncharted territory. The game itself will need to be redifined, along with the word insane! :D

Kurt

Yes, they'll soon be studying these posts at War Colleges the world over. I'd love to see what the maps look like. :eek:

... OOooops!

My other self just bumped into me, we were attempting to hide in the same closet! tongue.gif

Back to work, my other self is also my boss, and vica versa.

I was looking for a humorous mirror image photo, but wound up likeing this one too much.

Mirror-Image.jpg

[ December 08, 2003, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Superboot #4

Dragonheart (former Zappleagueplayer) aka Königstiger (Panzerliga) ag Königstiger aka Dragonheart......no bid, no rules, battle for honor....

two generations clash.....

Game is suspended after 5 turns as Dragonheart accused Königstiger as cheater using MPP creator module......enabled him to buy 10 axis carrier within 5 rounds....

But the odd thing for Königstiger is...how could Dragonheart find out that he has bought 10 carriers???

The simple answer is Dragonheart was using his FOG-Sniffer tool.....

Well both parties agreed that it is a draw.

As founder of this noble thread I must give the award to the best AAR to Dragon for this classic replay of Dragon verses Dragon, or was it Konigstiger verses konisgstiger?

A classic Dragon!

Turn 5:

Germany discovers the Polish units hiding along the Russian Frontier after Russia complains about the threat of Polish Militarism on it's border.

Hitler responds with his famous; "Nobody likes a tattletale" speech.

German troops decend upon Polish units like a plague of locusts from old. Poland promptly surrenders crying; "Foul! Don't we get a penalty shot?"

Germany responds to the Danish menace by placing a flaming bag of poo on Copenhagens doorstep and ringing the bell. Denmark answers the door and while stomping out the bag, Germany sneaks in and captures Denmark. Danish crys of "This would have never happened if we had a port!" Ring throughout the city!

Germany mourns the fact that the sonar tech did not advance this turn. Fear of Swiss Subs grips the Reich.

In the west:

The French sub got fustrated while searching for German ships to raid. So they sink a Canadian pontoon boat claiming it threatened them and threw curling stones at the sub.

In france proper debate rages in the streets. Should we research rockets or sonar? At an impass France decides to debate whether to surrender or not to the Portugese.

Little known to france, the stalled Portugese drive on Marsielles was further inhibited when they were pulled over by S*H*iP*s (Spanish Highway Patrol). The ships officer promptly informed the Geese (Short for Portugese) that they can't go through Spain without a declaration of war on Spain by the Axis.

"We wouldn't need to do this if we had a Port"; was their response as they headed back to Lisbon to file the needed paperwork in triplicate.

"We'll be back" was their final response.

The Irish corps holds up in the Guiness Brewery singing "Danny Boy". Daring the 3 british armies and tank unit to get them.

Britian just shakes it's head and asks what has this world come to.

The US decides they are above this silliness for now and remains neutral.

Out side of Lisbon a second sign appears in bold; "Finland gets a port and we don't?"

The war continues on.